Taken

Without Prejudice

Sometimes in life you just have to come out swinging, though you are as sick as a dog, your body has given up on you in the weirdest way and you are cautious to step in " where angels fear to tread" your sense of outrage and justice forces you out of your sick bed and back once again to fight the good fight.

One week ago today our kids were taken. We went from many kids to no kids in a matter of minutes and we were told there was " nothing " we could do. That in fact the likelihood of us getting the kids back were " nil". " Too long a history. " etc etc etc,

What ?

A week ago two days prior to school holidays, one of the children aged 7 had a collision with a wooden strut below the top bunk of the brand new bunks in his bedroom. Two of the boys loved to lie on the bottom bunk and move the wooden struts above with their feet. They were told off, the struts were moved back in position again and again but being boys of six and seven, nearly eight they just wouldn't listen.

That night the almost eight year old wouldn't go to bed and the Dad of the child, who was visiting, ( read hanging around and wouldn't go) said one word,

" bed "

And threw his son on to the bottom bunk and the boy hit his face on the wooden strut. It wasn't a strike that needed medical attention.

The next day three boys went to school.

The receptionist at school asked the 8 year old what happened to his face,

He replied " Daddy hurt me "

Instead of ringing my daughter, or me, the maternal grandmother, who lives at the rear of the family, the school rang DHS.

DHS went to the school took the three boys unbeknownst to us and came to the house, the boys hidden in their car.

My daughter has not seen DHS for years and is no big fan of theirs at the best of times. She protested, went berserk that they had her boys and they rang the police.

Four divvy vans arrived to confront this six stone threat of upset Mother. They tried to pepper spray her and standing behind her was her two year old girl. The only girl in a family of seven older males.

My grand daughter in law grabbed her own baby and the two year old and ran to my unit for protection. My daughter soon followed and four policemen followed her. The young policeman put a very big foot in my door and I kept the terrified daughter, children and grand daughter in law behind me.

My daughter was yelling as was my grand daughter in law and I told them to calm down.


I asked the policeman if he had a warrant as this was MY property,      not my daughters.

He said he needed to talk to my daughter and take the two year old and my great grand child, the baby, from the premises. I told him I didn't think so.

That he was to return with a warrant. None of the other policemen acted as aggressively as the first young officer, but did murmur and mutter as they retreated and one Asian officer said they would be back with a warrant. I replied,

" You do that "

I went out the front to talk with two young women from DHS but they ran, literally ran away from me, scary person that I am towards a car parked some distance away and I realised my three grandsons must be sitting in it.

One of my older Grandsons that was at the front house when all this took place had come out of his room and asked the police and DHS people to

" Calm down"

The same aggressive young police officer held pepper spray to his 18 year old face and swore at him, told him to back away or he would spray him. My 18 year old grandson retreated once again to his room. DHS had asked where his two year old sister was, his adored spoiled only girl, little
Sister. She was in a room, one of the older boys rooms watching a movie.

 As far as DHS was concerned, she was in a darkened room and looked. " Malnourished "

There is no two year old girl less malnourished than my grand daughter. She can and will eat three bananas in one sitting if not stopped. I should know. When she comes out to my unit on one of her frequent multi daily visits, custard, apples, anything, everything is asked for as a treat. I then discover she has already eaten.

The Police and DHS remained focused on getting all the children into custody and I was extremely puzzled as to why.


They did get a warrant and came to serve it at 2.30 am in the morning. 2.30 am in the morning. There were once again several Police cars, two DHS cars, one a van, ??? To serve a search warrant for the two year old and the five month old baby. Obviously to protect them from their Mothers and dastardly father, who might or might not be in the house.




To be continued..............


Popular Posts