The Land Of Sea And Fog---Part 2

Without Prejudice




 The King of The House, Nicky....




 Kayko, May She Rest In Peace....


 A Big Boy, with His Little Boy....


My Sanction....


M.O.E. Mother Of Eight....
M.O.E. After boy number 7, 


M.O.E. After giving birth, finally to a little girl.




After the story of Cats Eyes, I drop the 3 boys off at school, and feel like I have been doing this task for ever. I used to drop the big boys off as well and they are now 27, 22, 20 and 19. The 19 year old and the 22 year old would get into conversations in the back seat that would seriously boggle my mind.

They loved talking about The War, the Second World War, and their conversation was genius like. Which was a surprise to both their parents as neither had passed more than Year 10, and spent a lot of their school life in detention. In fact that's how they met, in detention.


I race back home and tidy up, shop, write a story, clean up Charlie and Benson's ( the families two Shitzu-Maltese terriers) dog poo. It has to be the worst job ever. But I do have a long handled broom and dustpan and that stops me dry reaching. The family used to have a Pure bred Husky, a female, who died inexplicably at 6 and a German Sheperd, also female who died at 13. Cleaning up after them was a lot worse so I give thanks for small things these days.

The Shitzus are to be recommended as family pets. They don't shed, they are affectionate, great watch dogs and they are so comical. Charlie has a toy fabric chicken and to see him trotting with around with it in his mouth always makes us smile. He also likes socks and treats them as toys. It doesn't matter how many times I come home, pushing through the side gate, Charlie will always be carrying a sock or " chicken " .

I always try to get it off him and we play a game or two. Benson studiously ignores everything thrown but if I pat his head he rolls on his back. I'm trying to make him to not be so subservient to Charlie but it's not really working. If I greet Benson first Charlie goes into a frenzy of affection as he is Top Dog and Benson gets confused.

It's easier to just greet Charlie first and Benson second. I read somewhere that with two male dogs there will always be a Top Dog and a subservient one but you can make the subservient one more dominant and vice versa. The biggest problem with Shitzus is that they are so amusing you could spend the day just playing with them, talking to them, grooming them. They would love that.


But work has to be done and has to fit in with school hours. In Summer, days can be incredibly busy as the boys are outside a lot more, we work 16 hour days then, 7 days a week. Both of us, my daughter and I, the tribes Mother. She, the M.O.E. ( Mother Of Eight ) is a skinny, tough as nails, Mother. She has never smacked one of the 7 boys, nor the only girl child but all of them are scared to death of her. They place Her first, in the land of scariness, and Nanny ( that's me ) second.

She kept the first five out of the way of their Dad as she realised after a long time that he wasn't going to change his life of drug addiction, alcohol imbibing,or gambling . He was a major addict, addicted to everything known to man or beast. He also has a revolving door habit of being in jail. He is quite aware of his addictions and to his credit leaves everyone alone for the most part.

His five sons don't smoke, drink, do drugs or burgle cars or houses and that's to my daughters credit.
Not his. I like him well enough as I do all my Son In Laws, past and present. I pity him that he has missed so much of his sons lives, but you make your own choices in life, and feel sorrier for the boys who have had to come to terms with his absences and addictions.


Popular Posts