Update 2/8/18

Without Prejudice


I was going to have written another story by today but due to unforeseen circumstances I was unable to.

The day before yesterday I received a text message from one of my closest friends, it read, A. Just the capital letter A. I texted her back with a message, laughing, as My fingers flew on the keyboard, saying, had she made a mistake ? I waited twenty minutes for a reply, making a pot of tea in the meantime. Suddenly the message button pinged, it was my friend. I couldn't believe what I was reading. The first sentence I had to read and retread.

Her 47 year old Son had passed away, no details yet.

He had been doing so well, a former drug addict he had been 18 months clean and sober, been in rehab up the country. But had died suddenly one month out of rehab.

To say she was devastated was a huge understatement.

As was I.

I am taking a few days off from writing but not from life. I'll be back in a few days bigger and better than ever. Thank you for your patience and support.


Popular Posts