The Best Christmas Ever---Christmas Day 2014

Without Prejudice
























Well from my last post, Bah, Christmas, Humbug, you would think I would have had the worst Christmas Day ever, but by dealing with grief early I had shed my tears and moved on. The day began the night before by staying up till 3am wrapping 31 Christmas presents and thought I had run out of wrap and the accursed sticky tape but just squeaked in with the last little pieces. 

Naturally the day of Christmas Day I found loads of both. 

Christmas Day began with a call from one of my besties, Karin, a former Sister In Law, who used to be married to my Brother, we caught up on so much and I am forever grateful to her as she has never failed to call me on all me on Anniversaries, Christmas Day and Lauren's Birthday for 25 years and I am forever grateful to her that she does. That's dedication. 

The children, my Grandkids, who live in the Big House at the front of our property, had not woken up yet, so I had a few moments to get myself ready for the days festivities and I was so excited to be able to get into my new white drill shorts at long last. I bought them sux months ago and they were too tight. I worked hard to get into them. 

Hey, vanity is a good thing, Yes?

I had fingers and toes crossed for my new greatgrandchild due to be delivered by Caesarian today. I felt a little sorry that baby was going to be born on Christmas Day, I wanted her to have a Birthday all for herself. Yes, a girl is expected. A little sister to Milana, who is 12 months old in two weeks. She is just the chubbiest prettiest blue eyed darling. Liia and Kyle parents again in just under twelve months just like my first two girls. Me bringing Yvette home on Debbue's first birthday. I went shopping that afternoon at Chadstone. I was only 19 then, heaps of energy.

I reflect on Christmases past and smile. 

I was that young Mum, then and a more mature one now and I realise I am unchanged. Strict when I have to be and doting the rest of the time. If my kids farted I would applaud. But I also like other kids, on Christmas Day I like to be surrounded by then, soak in them. I just looooooove kids. I have had so many and never tire of them, except these days when they start to grizzle I can hand them back
And saunter back to my private life, which I also love.


Popular Posts