Older and more contented

Without Prejudice

All my stories are to do with times past. Good, bad, indifferent. Now I look to the Future and its a good one. Well I am having a milestone birthday this year and will celebrate with a big party. I am surprised at the amount of people who said they had better be invited. I have not had a big birthday since my 37th. My girls that year gave me a surprise birthday, and it was massive. Huge.I was a young Grandma that year and once I was I just fell in love with him. Just as easy as that and as fast.

I was a lot younger then than I am now and have been through a lot, my girls too. But they are now women and I will soon be a great grandmother, also young. If I keep going at this rate I be a Great great, the mind boggles. I feel so much better in myself, know myself better, know my faults and weaknesses of which there are many. I don't take life so seriously now and easily fall back into being Janette again.
Not Janette, The Mother, The Wife, Ex Wife, ex partner, Grandma, Lover, just Janette, as I always was but older.

And I like her this Janette. She's stronger and more powerful, backed and supported by Family, my siblings who are no longer my rivals but my best friends. Helen my younger Sister I am very close to as no one can make me laugh like her. She's a Nurse and some of the stuff she comes out with is just so down to earth and so funny. My brother Dave is also funny, one of the funniest people I have ever met in my life. He's wealthy and successful and happy and is now engaged to his long time mistress. Heidi.

George is funny and kind and fierce and we used to fight the most as children and we still spat now, but I no longer scratch him and he no longer clouts me. Ian my oldest brother is so far removed from us academically, he is like on another planet to us, or even a whole Universe. And Jackie my oldest sister is so unlike me it is like we were not born to the same parents. Jackie is always a lady and does not shout and yell, lose her temper and throw things. She does not call people Fuck heads or perverts.

She is happily married and has been for years to the love of her life, Winston. Winn is a kind, taciturn and shy man, also incredibly wealthy and successful as is George. we were beyond poor as kids and I very much admire them all. We were not the only poor kids in the 50's and 60's growing up, most p[people we knew were poor, but we were poor in a desperate, brave, intelligent way and that was horrible. but we survived it and we all are doing OK in our lives now and are happy people, one and all.

We support each other o course. My Family know I help a lot of people and kids in my own way and they offer help and I am smart and not too proud to take it. George said the rich waste a lot of money and he likes to see his money put to good use. He is single now after being married 17 years and when his wife left him he was shattered. She was his first love and I am not sure that he has ever gotten over it, even now.

Dave lost his first wife too, success comes at a price and marriages tend to crash on the rocks of no time, too much money, too much stress. Especially if the wife and hubby work together as Bob and I, George and Karin and Kerry and David did. You tend to only talk about business, no couple time, no time off, the business grabbing all your time and energy and soul, sometimes. At the end of 16 hour days there tends not to be alot left except sleep.

My sister Jackie was smart, she never worked with Winston. She worked for years while he found his way to the business man he is today, but she would never work for him, ever. She is content with her life, she has grandchildren now and they are her life. bit like mine. I love kids as everyone who knows me knows. I want to hug them and squeeze them and kiss them and teach them ; I'm a strict grandma and an indulgent one too and having lost a child I am fiercely protective of them all. A Tiger Mother with her cubs.

I have many kids that surround me, sometimes they want to play with all my treasure and sometimes they want information on life's tough questions. I never pull punches with the truth. the truth is what I always want and then we find a way to deal with it. They think I am a genius, and I pretend I am so they learn the lessons they need to as they travel through their worlds.

I have written a history for them and for my 3 remaining girls. I wanted them to know me and some of my life. I spare them the tedious and boring bits. I'm a positive thinker, like my Dad, Ernie was. I am stubborn and precise and I like things my way, of course. I m old enough to know what I want and how to get it. I have an enormous network of support I can reach out to at any time.



The garden is my latest inspiration and I have never ever been a keen gardener. I love transforming something old and once loved into a thing of beauty again. I feel this enormous rush to get things done. So I am going to try and be more patient. I have always been impatient and I'm sure it's related to anxiety which I quell with anti d's and lots of time in peace and quiet.

I no longer prove myself to others. I am old enough to know, no one has everything. I have health, I wrestled my body back to the Janette, the athletic Janette, skinny, fit, which I was as a little girl. I swam, I danced, I ran, I high jumped and trampolined, skipped, played sports, softball, cricket, hockey. I acted in plays and sang (badly ) on a stage and did rhythmic gymnastics and stood on my head, and walked hands first down a wall backwards. I could balance on my head, ride a bike no hands.

I was a tomboy then and a lady now. How did that happen ? I still can out swim most others as I won a scholarship to be trained by an Olympic Coach when I was 9. My sister Jackie has a beautiful graceful style and I just wanted to win. Winning was everything and second was nothing to me. Now I let others win, why not ??? I already have everything I have ever wanted and more. I am content, all over, in everything. And it is great xoxoxo

Love Janette

Popular Posts