A Christian Christmas

Without Prejudice



29.11.2013

My selfie for Christmas 2013




It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, toys in every store, but more importantly it's beginning to look like the best time of the year. Or one of them, Easter and Australia Day, and Summer holidays
 are great times of the year too. But a Birthday of a man that still defies all men to a Christian, coupled with the feel good season of giving and receiving, is about to be upon us. And it's beyond doubt the best time of the Year.

I am dazzled this year. I cannot get over the fact that my family is well, happy and healthy. A recovery of one daughter from severe illness is enough to make me humble and grateful for a real life miracle of my own. Grateful to have a big loving family of caring funny siblings and close friends, old and new. And grateful to have a whole wonderful new perspective on life.

May everyone be blessed this Christmas with a groaning table, a few glasses of champagne, seeing good friends, having close family times, be showered in love and Bon Homie, taking a break, not stressing and enjoying every minute of this Happy Season.

And I am grateful to the Big Man upstairs that makes it all possible. And that is a big statement for a me, as my Mother lost a child close to Christmas, turned against her religion, Presbyterian, and became an Atheist. She lost her faith. She taught us little happy Sunday School kids to no longer believe in something bigger than us.

But a recent visit with my Aunty of 92, my Mothers oldest Sister, who simply said, she believed and always has, took me back to the little girl I once was, before time and life happened to me. And as soon as I was home from the U.K. I realised my daughter who had been so ill for the last year was 95 % recovered. And she had joined a great Church, full of caring, positive people. So my Joy is boundless.



Xoxo

Popular Posts