RED and The Making Of An Alpha Male

Without Prejudice


Pictured is Cruz, his Mother and Grandmother.





It's a wonder he has turned out so normal, our Alpha Male, Cruz, given his " Crazy " Mother and
Grandma. But he rules in this household. We call him " boss" or " red" .

He comes to greet me every morning in my unit tucked behind the main house.

 There is no way I could live under the same roof as the family. My time for raising kids is well and truly over. But I love being around kids. Teaching, guiding, loving kids is truly my purpose in life and it's one I work at 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

With Joy.

But there always comes an exceptional child. A child " different " to the others. A child with a sunny nature and a positive outlook in life. For us, that child is Cruz.

He is born seventh boy in the pecking order and after him a baby girl.

From day one he was " different " . Born in one minute and 34 seconds of his Mum, crashing through the doors of the delivery room at Casey Hospital. The Placenta Praevia that had plagued the entire pregnancy, gently moved up and away from the lower confines of the womb and Cruz made his entry into the World. Our " Happy Buddha "

He was an easy going baby, smiled and cuddled with abandon. We treated him no differently to the rest but we knew early on there was something indescribable about Cruz. People commented on his sunny nature, he would go to anyone. Barely cried or grizzled. And from 12 months was finding his way out to my unit.

Nana's.

He loves everything about my place, notices even the slightest subtle change.

We have a routine these days and it goes like this.

Banging on fly wire door, boom boom boom.

Me : " Who is it ?"

Muffled voice : " Cwuze"

Me: " Who ? "

Muffled Voice " Cwuze"

I open the door with a rude " Whadda ya want ? "

He doesn't reply but pushes past me as if he owns the place and starts pointing out things around the unit as if to placate me



Popular Posts