Perfect......True Crime

Without Prejudice



                                            Perfect.....Ed Sheeran and Andrea Bocelli

                                          In Memory of Lenny, died 1996.


I loooooove True Crime podcasts, documentaries, 48 hours, 20/20, and yet hate Horror Movies,

Slasher Movies, Gory Movies and Zombies. I am literallyterrified of them. If there is violence of any

kind in a Movie I will leave the room. Even just a hint of violence or implied. I don't care, I will leave

the room.

An ex said of me once when I left the room when watching Pulp Fiction with him,

" What are we supposed to watch ? Bambi.? You know the Mother dies, right ?

I ignored him and made the tea instead. I loitered in the hall and heard him shout out to me,

" Now he's buggering, your Man. " ( My ex was Irish and "Your Man" is simply the guy he was

watching on screen or anywhere else for that matter. )

He used to call me " the auld one " which is a term of affection for someone older, which I was by 12

years or " The Darling "

Sadly we were not to be after a ten year engagement, the boy wonder and I. I loved him and he loved

 booze. He loved me for sure but loved alcohol more.

In fact we caught up last year after ten years, ( he is married now ) and he said,

" I might be pissed now, but I have always loved you "


I was shocked he said it because he has a wife and I thought that thoughts of me would have paled

into insignificance by now.

I refused to catch up with him for the longest time out of deference to his wife but eventually we did

catch up for a drive and lunch and it was just like we had never been apart. Still friends, good friends.

When he asked me to visit his house, while his wife was in Italy with her Father, I said no. Apart

from the fact it was in Doncaster and I'm in Cranbourne East, I wouldn't like it if my fella was seeing

his ex while I was away on Hols. I think he was a bit miffed but hey, I'm no hypocrite. I'm no angel

either, but I have rules I abide by, especially now I have gone back to my faith.

He chided me about my visible cross when we sashayed off to lunch. I chided him back with a

" But you're a Catholic "

" Lapsed " he uttered.

" Why are all Catholics lapsed " I questioned.

To be continued......












Popular Posts