Suicide Awareness- Anthony Bourdain And Kate Spade

Without Prejudice

New Divide ---Linkin Park



First let me express my sadness at the sudden deaths of both Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade. I am not an expert in mental illness but I do have first hand experience in it with my Mother. I know the guilt and devastation of suicide on a family and the grief that can go on forever.

Suicide crosses all social stratas, the wealthy, the famous, the wealthy, the poor, the talented, the desperate, the ill, the lonely. We need as a Society to understand this terrible affliction. To see the warning signs, to offer hope, a shoulder to cry on, to empathise with other people's pain. We need to reach understanding of why a fellow human being would take their own life.

Anthony ( Tony ) and Kate Spade left behind young daughters as did my Mother ( my younger sister, born when my Mother was 42 ) Michael Hutchence too, Chester Bennington left behind young children,


Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park. Born 20th March 1976. ( A significant day for me, my daughter, Lauren ( in Heaven ) was born on the 20th March 1977, ) hung himself on what would have been his best friend's ( Chris Cornell ) 53rd Birthday. Chris had also killed himself earlier that same year.

From Wikipedia


Bennington had a child, Jaime (born May 12, 1996), from his relationship with Elka Brand.
In 2006, he adopted Brand's other son, Isaiah (born November 8, 1997). 

He married his first wife, Samantha Marie Olit, on October 31, 1996. They had one child together, Draven Sebastian (born April 19, 2002).

I'm Bennington's relationship with his first wife declined during his early years with Linkin Park, and they divorced in 2005.

In 2006, he married Talinda Ann Bentley, a former Playboy model with whom he had three children: Tyler Lee Bennington (born March 16, 2006) and twins Lilly and Lila (born November 6, 2011).


Chris Cornell 

Lead Singer Audioslave
And Radiohead



Cornell stated in a 1996 interview: "I know what it feels like to be suicidal, and I know what it feels like to be hopeless. There is some point where I learnt enough about myself to know that I don't have the tolerance to create other hurdles as well.

In 1999, Cornell said about depression, "No one really knows what run-of-the-mill depression is. You'll think somebody has run-of-the-mill depression, and then the next thing you know, they're hanging from a rope. It's hard to tell the difference. But I do feel that depression can be useful. Sometimes it's just chemical. It doesn't seem to come from anywhere. 

And whenever I've been in any kind of depression, I've over the years tried to not only imagine what it feels like to not be there, but try to remind myself that I could just wake up the next day and it could be gone because that happens, and not to worry about it. And at the same time, when I'm feeling great, I remember the depression and think about the differences in what I'm feeling and why I would feel that way, and not be reactionary one way or the other. You just have to realize that these are patterns of life and you just go through them."

In a 2006 interview, Cornell revealed that at the age of 14, he had a bad PCP experience and suffered from panic disorder and agoraphobia. "I had a bad PCP [angel dust] experience when I was 14 and I got panic disorder. And of course, I wasn't telling anyone the truth. It's not like you go to your dad or your doctor and say, 'Yeah, I smoked PCP and I'm having a bad time.' 

So I became more or less agoraphobic because I'd have flashbacks. From 14 to 16, I didn't have any friends. I stayed home most of the time. Up till then life was pretty great. The world was big and I felt I could do anything I wanted. Suddenly, I felt like I couldn't do anything. But in the isolation, my imagination really had time to run. I never did any drugs until my late 20s. 

Unfortunately, being a child of two alcoholics, I started drinking a lot, and that's what eventually got me back into drugs. You often hear that pot leads to harder drugs. But I think alcohol is what leads you to everything, because it takes away the fear. The worst drug experimentation I ever did was because I was drunk and didn't care."[255]




Popular Posts