MY BFF Male

Without Prejudice

I've never met him face to face and I've known him 10 years. He is my best friend, male confidante and no matter where we are in the world we will contact each other. It's just one of those "things".

We have a vow, if he ever loses his partner, heaven forbid and I am ever single, we will meet up. and stay together.He will never marry, again, his first wife died and he just won't marry again.

I met him over the phone when I was working at an Engineering firm in Mulgrave. I kept having to ring a water place in Sydney and would ask to speak to the Big Boss about a huge payment, due to us.

Anyway this friendly young kid, I thought, kept answering the phone and taking messages, the Big Boss never rang back. So one day this young kid rang me and told me to fax through the deatils instead and we'd get paid.

I did and we did,
And a few days later I rang him to thank him and the old man that answered he had left early. then he said,
I suppose you know what happened?"
"No",
"His wife died, 4 months ago and he has 2 kids, so he goes home early to be with them"

So I rang him the next day early and I asked him about it and we chatted and then I had to get back to work, so he said he would email me and he did.

He wasn't so young after all, just a few tears younger than I am

And that began the longest friendship I have had with a male I wasn't involved with in any way.

He was funny and irreverent and amazed that he attracted so many women after his wife died, even from some of her girlfriends.

I saw it as a nurturing thing and he saw it as that he was a stud.

I warned him but he wouldn't listen, little Studley, and got his heart burnt a few times, some crazy stalker ones, and he gave it all a rest for a while. Met his new partner and he's as happy as a clam.

He's never in a bad mood, never and thinks I live in a constant moving pool of drama, he says he doesn't have to watch Jerry Springer, just read my emails.

Of course I make a lot of it up. he doesn't know this and I hope he doesn't read this as my game will be up.

Last year he went through a serious health concern at 50, but all fine now and I was devastated when he told me. Not telling me for ages, he hadn't told his Mum and Dad either, somehow ashamed of it???

But he passed his first year in September, and I gave a sigh of relief. And he remains the same constantly rude, crude and sarcastic and also very caring . He sent some of his texts to Yvette once when she had my phone.
"Who is this guy", she said, some sort of pervert??? My gilrs vet every man I meet.  and I replied,
"Yes"

Hahahahah told you I'd get you back. Game on W 



Love Janette

Popular Posts