It Started With A Kiss---My Own Fifty Shades Of Grey

Without Prejudice

I fell for him the first time we met. I looked in his eyes and for the first time in my life fell madly in love in an instant. There was no sound, the earth shifted in its axis and I just fell that I had always known him. I knew everything about him in that first moment, a millisecond really. I knew his past, his future, I felt as if he was my other half, my twin, my best friend and protector.

And I ran away, stumbling as I ran, just a little stumble but my exit was rapid.

I ran all the way up the stairs and then and only then could I try and calm myself. My heart was beating a steady tattoo against my chest and I breathed in and out calming myself. I buried myself in work and didn't even glance around once.

" Rivh, powerful, arrogant, " I thought.

I'd been there before for many years and the hurt was still an open wound, suppurating. He, I thought was exactly the same as my ex. Why did I always go for the same type ? Loud voiced, hard to please. Type A personalities. Impatient, vain, brusque, not needing of affection on their climb to the top. Driven by demons unknown.

 I should find a Type B was my thought.

Quiet, kind, considerate. They had always bored me before, but at that time my psyche craved the peace.


He came to me the next day. Confident, sexy as hell. I ignored him by staring as if enthralled at my computer. He chatted, so easy, so confident. I was frozen. Glancing once at his thighs which were stretching at the fabric of his black pants as he sat next to me.

 A husky strange voice, an Al Pacino voice made husky by time and heavy drinking. My Sea Of Love character worn down by life and stress. I said little,  praying for him to leave and allow me to breath again.

He did, after charming the socks off me.

" Probably does that to every woman " I thought.

I knew I was bring judgemental, cynical, but I didn't care. I was not going down that path again. Not for love nor money,  for there in lay heartache, pain and trouble.

 The type A's who care little for women as they fight their way to the top of the heap. It's a given, it's inevitable and I was too experienced to get heart broken ever again.

To be continued...........



Popular Posts