Accidental Tourist And Trip Advisor

Without Prejudice

Hi Janette Bruckshaw

TRIP ADVISOR
You're in the top 25%
With 2,417 readers, you're one of the most popular reviewers in Melbourne. Keep those great opinions coming.
Add a review

I accidentally became a Trip Advisor, I write my blogs and then was asked to do a review for Trip Advisor. I thought, why not ? 

The first one was about The Putri Bali Hotel, which I had to research to make sure it was still there. It's called The Innes Putri Bali these days. Near Nusa Dua. I went back to the time my girls and I stayed there. Highlight the strolling Mariachi band of Balinese men who sang.

" Welcome to the Hotel Putri Bali"
 to the music of,

" Hotel California" 

The girls behaved disgracefully, placing their heads under the table to hide their laughing faces. I just smiled and kicked them surreptitiously until they could straighten their faces.  

The men were so sincere and would not leave us alone at the table. The more the girls cracked up, the louder they played until they were just about towering over us and I caught the growing hysteria and had to quickly grab a napkin and cover my laughing face. Needless to say that sing haunted our entire trip and we would burst into song every five minutes.

" Welcome to The Hotel Putri Bali
Such a lovely place, such a lovely space
Living it up at The Hotel Putri Bali, 

You get the idea.

Then I added another review, of The Hotel Mercure in Paris where my Sister, Aunty and I stayed last November 2013, Just as Typhoon Haiyan hit the Philippines. 

The weather where we were was beautiful, the Eiffel Tower a stones throw away. The mornings crisp, the days mellow, the nights needing a soft doona. The luxury, the warmth of the staff, ( the French have changed ) the cafés, restaurants, the style, fashion, lapped up by all of us. 

And today I did a review of a cottage I stayed at on The Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, God's Own slice of Heaven. Absolute beach front, fifties style cottage sheltered between apartment blocks. 

Cheap, basic and a priceless location. So reminiscent of the Sixties Gold Coast. I was just a girl of 9 to almost 12 when I lived there. We lived on Main Beach in those days.To go back as an adult and appreciate all that is lovely about The Gold Coast is a gift.

I hope that little cottage stays there, defiant against modernity. A tiny porch with an old couch and chairs where you can gaze out on the mighty Pacific and feel specially blessed  and very very tiny all at the same time. There was a " Wee timmering, cowering beastie " as Robbie Burns describes the tiny mouse that all women hate. Men too,  I found out.

To be continued........

Popular Posts