And Then The Cowboy Arrives

Without Prejudice

The cavalry arrived today unexpected and delightful in the body and mind and heart of the sweetest man on earth. Clint. He comes always when he is most needed. It,s almost like a sixth sense he has and he restores my faith in men.

He's tall and built and is so shy it's like coaxing a shy trembling horse towards me, but  I just laugh and hug him as he is just Clint. He's of Cruatian extraction and I have known him since he was about 3 and used to poke his tongue out at me and laugh and run. I adored him as a child as he was so naughty and cheeky.

Now he is this gentle giant with an impressive brain and an imposing body. He works at it only eats healthy but does love a Pizza or Maccas. He glows with health and vitality and is like a girls best friend wrapped up in a man who is the most innocent creature I have ever come across.

We talk for hours and catch up, me on my holiday as he wants to know all about it. I want to know all about his family and his Uncle, my brother, George's friend, Ivan. We talk of Ivans depression at losing his job and family things and share the couch shoes off and lots of closeness.

He laughs often and quickly with a quick wit. He so reminds me of his Father from all those years ago in Keysborough. His Dad a larger than life New Zealander, who died at 48, leaving his son, devastated. We talk of his Mum, who he says moans a lot as do all his relatives. He comes here to escape them as he often feels burdened by them and their plain and simple miserableness.

He finds it hard to be the eternal optmist around them and comes here to recharge. Simple life, simple man, and an angel in so many ways. He's deeply spiritual as his Dad was "Born Again" 5 years before he died and Clint was young and very influenced by his Father's sudden rebirth. His Dad took him to church and lectures, prayer meetings, the whole thing.

Then he died abd Clint was left moping in his room for 12 months before his Mother, a devout Seventh Day Adventist thought he might need help and took him to a dreaded Doctor. So he was diagnosed with depression and chemical imbalance. Clint had always been regarded as "Special", and the Family always talked of him that way.

When I first met him again as an adult, I realised he had a mild form of Tourettes, hence the "specialness", his Family thought he was retarded when all he had was Tourettes. Very mildly. I took him to a Doctor and he was diagnosed and told he could take meds but could also just learn to live with it.

He has never been in a fight in his life, nor been hit. He respects women and kids and wants to have his own one day, an idea I encourage. He speaks two languages has toyed with the idea of entering a seminary as a pastor but decided not to. He drinks rarely.

But he has this holiest of holiest body and all I can do is stand back and admire it. The cavalry has arrived in the shape of a male model that should be out there. But is too shy to do

Something has changed this time and he wants my new number, demands it almost in a rush of confidence. He never gets angry, never. Am I not blessed to have this morsel of delight in my life ? Pity he's so young but what the hey. I'm lucky to be getting anything in my advanced years and I atke it at the gift it is, the simple and uncomplicated gift it is and as we dance slow in the lounge room I feel like I have come home xxx


Popular Posts