Big Is Better

Without Prejudice




Just so that we are clear this story is my personal opinion on events. I write the truth, my truth as I see it from my view point.

I had a lovely ending to my Milestone birthday, not. It came as a surprise and not a welcome one but I shall tell it anyway.  Since the death of Jill Meagher things have changed, attitudes in woman have hardened towards some men as so they should. I tell this story in the understanding that it might help others and it might help the man involved although I doubt it. I should have seen it coming and I didn't. But Im only human (Thank God).

Big is a fabulous funny confident sexy man who lives life at a non stop pace. He is partners in a company that is huge and makes heaps of money and he "Loves It !".I worked there 4 years ago and thats when I first met big. I was going through a breakup and so it seemed was he. Well he told me his wife had left him for a next door neighbour and he was a single Dad of a 3-4 year old.

I asked how old his little girl was when the Mother left and he said 2. I was shocked that a woman could leave a baby so young. But he was funny, good looking sexy powerful  and we were allies I thought in a hatred of the mundane and awkward. I always am the same around powerful men
. I love the ambition and drive they have and Big seemed all that.


I overheard him on the phone once and he was saying he had been married not once but twice and that they had only been short and things hadn/t gone well. His ex wives were both the same according to him.
Gold diggers'
the word bitch was not addded to that sentence but you had the feeling it was implied
.
I told him what I had overheard and he said he was in no way to blame for the bust ups.
He was only at fault for picking the wrong women. I replied that if he thought that he was an idiot. As everyone knows there are always faults on both sides and sometimes you just have to suck it up. The deal breakers, violence, alcoholic, drugs and unemployment. I had an extremely violent ex and at the time I stll mistrusted men because of him.

I took my own blame for hiding it, putting up with it and not staying left the times when I was able to escape him. He would do the crying thing, think of the girls thing, I love you and only you thing, I own you thing, he had me followed, he rang my Family, you now that whole obsessive love thing. He bought my clothes, makeup, bought me anything.

I would go back after everyone told me not to and being the perverse woamn that I am would be determined that it wouldn/t happen again. It was like I was always waiting to leave
He was exhausting in his pursuit of me, put me on a pedestal, made me in his image and yet behaind closed doors he was disgusting. Anyway, sad tale but true and I don.t like to dwell on negatives so I'll move on.

I must admit at the time I met Big I was still lingering over the past and not trusting men at all. But Big seemed different somehow although ihs voice and body shape, mannerisms seemed so familiar. The counselor told me we tend to be attracted to the same "type" and I was beginning to "like" this guy.

I flirted with him but really thought he was way too young, too cocky, too powrful, too rich. I thought he.s probably been everywhere, done everytiing, tasted "Good and evil in your bedrooms and your bars" In the end he said,
"Nice tits, do you want to go out for a drink sometime?"
I demurred but I knew I woudn;t. Boss employee relationship is not a good thing to me. I was badly burned by a Boss once who had a stupid crush on me even though he was married. Turned out he was a very darkly jealous man and I suffered becase of it.

I sound like a martyr and I.m not now. Now I just don/t really care about it all that much but record it as fact only. He was silly to so in love with me anyway, he never seemed to "get it"



Even as a little girl I was telling smelly dirty boys to "Go away, you give me a headache", as I told Douglas Payne aka pain, when I was 5. He kept following me home from school like a cow eyed acolyte, offering me CHOO CHOO bars in outright bribery, I had brothers, 4 of them, enough said.

Big asked me out and I made an excuse and he didn;t like it. Questioned me over the phone as to where I was going to be that night as if he didn;t believe I was busy that night. I thought he had a nerve bur kept reserved. When I refused the 2 nd time he snapped,
"Busy doing what ???"
"Just busy!"
And proceeded to hang up on him, He rang me backand pulled rank for the first and last time.
"Did you just hang up on me ??"
"Yes!"
"I'm your BOSS" he said in a menacing whisper
" I KNOW THAT AND I'M STILL BUSY AND I"M BUSY RIGHT NOW< ACTUALLY ! "
And I hung up again. He didn;t ring back and I must admit I was a bit scared he wold come in the next morning and sack me for my impertinence .

He didn/t he just ignored me and I him.

We became friends again and then there were a lot of sackings and I thought I was next so I resigned. I told Big and he was shocked and upset and I was just sad. But I was resolute about it. I/d learned evrything I had to learn and for me that spells trouble anyway. I hate being bored at work. I/d been to the plant in NSW and had learned the clunky Accounts system in haF a day. It took everyone else three weeks of training. I can make these mental leaps and thats why I do get bored.

My ex and I had ran a big business together, he the flamboyant Entrepeneur, me the "Brains" of the outfit and the People Person as my ex just hated them all, his workers, and I would act as the go between. He was always being sued for something by a disgruntled employee.. I wonder why there is never a "Gruntled" employee?  I amuse myself with questions like that.

And that Business was what I was used to, I was used to doing everything, wearing every cap and grew bored at anything less. That;s why I run my own business now from home and I love it. I wear many hats, Carer, Teacher, Admin, the list is endless and I can/t get enough crammed in to one day, never mind the week.


So Big came looking for me . He came on the Tuesady after I had resigned. He said he had been down my sreet a few days before with a bottle of wine.
"How do you know where I live ?
"Your old boss told me"
"Great!" I must admit I thought that was a bit stalkerish but I fancied him so what the hey.

He arrived on my doorstep,
"Where/s the wine?. I asked
He just laughed and came in.

Young, good looking strong powerful confident, who could resist ? This little charade was about to be over and after 3 months of back and forth banter I was dying to know what he was really feeling.
I was surprised as he seemed really nervous and hesitant as he sat on the stool at the breakfast bar
He had dashed off and bought some Jack Daniels and colas and we sipped them while we talked.

After a while I became more confident. Dutch Courage after 2 Jack Daniels loosening my tongue, belly. We had talked of my immediate boss, the one that told Big where I lived. Cheek ! He had also told him I had walked out on another job. I was shocked but thought I don.t have to explain mysef to you, spoiled little rich man.

He asked me to keep him being at my house from my old Boss and my immerdiate reaction was to react. I used to do this al the time until I learned. I was a but stung that he had come right out and said it but I kept it hidden.

I eyed him sitting at my bench and made a Managers decision.
"Do you just want to get this out of the way?" and gestured at him and me.
"What?" I didn/t know if he was just playing dumb his eyes wide in what could have been guile or just pretence.
"This!"
And I waved my arms up in the air in a sweeping motion.
"The first time is always baaaaad, always, so do you want  to ust get this out of the way, then we can settle back down and be friends.


He stayed silent and I stepped from behind the bench on slighty tipsy feet towards him.
"We could start with a hug, I'm dying to give you a hug"
We hugged, him having to stoop down and then we kissed and it was a gorgeous kiss. Then he sat abruptly down and I stepped back.

























He was one of my bosses at a company that was dominated by Men, 72 in all and 4 women. I was treated well I had no problem with that but the Biggest Boss was a likeable maniac. He shouted, no screamed on the phone and at the workers, and as I worked on the same loor I was witness to it all. I sort of tolerated it but the screaming and shouting could be heard all over. It was a pain and so too were the sackings.

I decided to jump ship 3 months in. I always learn a job back to front by then and grow increasingly
bored



Popular Posts