D.I.Y.

Without Prejudice

I do all the maintenance at the house of seven dwarves. I don't do it well, yet. By being a complete idiot I managed to strain my lower back. And the stabbing pain is in my right butt cheek and to bend over is excruciating. The good bit is I am taking muscle relaxants and they make you feel so weird you forget the pain.

And because I am so anal I still have to work and I am trying to slow down but my driven nature won't let me. It's been two weeks since I hurt it and I only thought to go the Doctors today. I went as I had thrush in my mouth and other parts and it was driving me mad.

Hmmm, guess what Brufen does ?

Gives you thrush,
 so he told me to take active culture yoghurt and a script for the thrush. I also had a nasty cold sore, from working outdoors in the sun. Aaaargh, I think I'll give up these men jobs ! But I can't and as much as I whinge, I love it. It's so different and practical to the brain work I normally do. I have tiled a sink splash back and it looks great.

I hung a full length mirror on to the wall, painted, cleaned the gutters, with the helpful advice from the tradie next door. Put up some fencing, weeded, planted the garden, dragged logs to the car and turfed them out again, carried them to garden, hence the back.

All this while all male persons in the big house are mysteriously missing. Open the bonnet of a car however, and they come from nowhere. I'm loving it or I wouldn't be doing it. I like the boys to have a nice house to come home to. They had too many years of poverty before here 7 years ago. And I love to transform. Take something broken, old and make it loved again.

Plant flowers and plants as God willing we can buy this property now. I can see my own side gate on the far side of the house so I have my own private entry. No one in the house can see me come and go, who I have to visit me and no more,
"Mum, while you are out can you grab me some......"

I hate using the main gates as we have to lock the place up like Fort Knox, for the 2 little boys, Acer and Cruz, 4 and 2. It's not much fun with bags of shopping in your arms, trying to reach the high shoot bolt, then undo the D latch and striker, then push the husky back with your knee. I swear like a trooper when this happens.

Then we want a water feature, a covered walkway, a deck and a vegetable garden. We already have strawberry plant and want the boys to join in with the fun of growing their own vegetables and herbs. We want a water tank too, solar panels, canvas awnings. The list goes on.

Everything is a challenge and when something works, Yvette and I just roll our eyes at the hapless males.









Popular Posts