Death Of A Child And Joel Osteen 1

Without Prejudice

How to cope with the death of a child is beyond most people's comprehension.

It's hardly believable. It's not a parents place to outlive a child, and yet for some, like me, or you, if you have come here to my blog page, it is a fact that you do have to deal with and all the platitudes, and cliches, like " Time Heals All Wonds"  in the world are not going to help.

I had counselling within days of my daughter's, ( Lauren Jade Hancock, aged 12 and that very important half, ) death. She drowned in at night, in a Public Pool. The girl that was with her also aged 12, ran away and didn't call for help.

They ar the facts and we were beyond understanding as to what had really happened for the first twenty four hours as Lauren was a champion swimmer and the other girl lied and told everyone that Lauren and she had had a fight and Lauren had walked off to a public phone at 10 pm at night.

I said " Lauren wouldn't walk off in the dark, she's scared of the dark"

Those sincere words gained us the real story.

For the first month I was brain dead, in a fog and sometimes a strange sort of euphoria. But every morning for many years my first thought when I woke up was,

" That's right, Lauren's dead "

And though I bargained with God, screamed, cried beyond tears, raged and hated the world the facts were not going to change. And I had to go on.

I had other children, aged 19, 18 and just 14. And a brand new baby grandson born two weeks before Lauren died.

The thought of what my kids were going through was what kept me going for a while.

I am now approaching the 26th Anniversary of her death. It doesn't get easier, in fact the Counsellors told me that time heals nothing, in fact grief gets worse as time goes by but becomes more private.

I am well down the track and yet my story to you will help. I and my three remaing kids had the benefit of very expensive counselling given immediately. It was almost Christmas and we still had a business to run and a new baby to look after. We had to have the help or I think we would have all metaphorically jumped in her ashes with her.

Thanks to Joel Osteen in the last year, or so, I have been getting back my belief in that better things are to come, that my self confidence has been reinstated and I " know " I am here for a purpose. In Lauren's words,

" You are going to be fine, Mum, you are going to be better than fine "


Janette Bruckshaw







Popular Posts