Skinny Girls Club Tips And Tricks 2

Without Prejudice


At 84 kilos



At 58 Kilos


I remember about three years ago reading an article in the Sunday Herald Sun supplement about a lady who had lost 20 kilos in the previous twelve months. She said it was like joining a secret skinny girls club. That skinny friends welcomed her and her former chubby friends shunned her. That skinny girls were privy to certain privileges that chubby girls were not.

I found too the same. Certain friends and family members were jealous of my weight loss and said things about me behind my back, which I soon discovered. I was supposed to be taking my Grandsons Ritalin, that I stole food from family members houses as my fridge was so empty. The ridiculous rumours went on and on but after hearing them I just laughed.

I alone knew the truth and it was nothing but sheer hard work to shed the pounds. I have an extremely skinny daughter and she has always been so. She's been told she's a drug addict, anorexic and probably uses speed to stay so thin. Not true. even as a baby she was thin, stick thin and yet healthy. And she has always been the same. Her genetic make up makes her so and she is mildly fat phobic.

She told me to ignore the detractors and if I was happy that was all that matters. The only tip she gave me was if I felt the starving starving feeling to push through it. Just push through it, past it and the feeling would go. It was true. That and to drink plenty of water, ice cold water as it helps to burn calories, also true. Every time I went to see her she would be sitting there with a tray of mushed up ice which she craved, eating it slowly, crunching it in her mouth, using a tiny teaspoon to devour it.

The child of mine that had been the biggest and I am sure was responsible for the rumours about Ritalin and stealing food pretended not to be jealous. She now weighs 58 kilos, dropping from a massive 100 to 58 in a matter of months. It was like a domino effect. As I shrunk my friends and family shrunk with me. Whether I inspired them or galvanised them into action I am not sure but it was a phenomena I had never seen before.

I figured it was a type of
"Well if she can do it, so can I "

And the flattery I felt was enormous. My Mother always said that "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery" and the ones that were jealous just avoided me.

I had been 84 kilos for years and years, big bust, big bum, big everywhere. I didn't like it, nor admired it, I just thought it was the way I was meant to be for ever.

The first thing to go was the bust of course. My breasts resembled shrunken heads from Papua New Guinea. But I knew from breast feeding kids that they would come back. It takes about 12 months for the fat to redistribute after a big weight loss so that part I wasnt worried about. My bum resembled a saggy baggy elephants bum with wrinkle upon wrinkle and that worried me more but it too came back but much much smaller.

All the skin on my arms wrinkled as I am no Spring Chicken and they waved in the breeze, waved after I had finished waving. Not just the upper part of my arms either but the forearms which was not a great look. I looked like one of those wrinkly puppies that never seem to grow into their skin. But still I wasn't bothered I thought it was just a laugh and would point them out to people.

The bonuses outweighed the setbacks and I grew more and more excited as time went on. the most sincere forms of flattery were the unexpected.

I went to Queensland last Winter and a lot of the women except for two said nothing. But my darling nephew as soon as he rounded a corner and saw me, exclaimed,

"Jesus, Fuck, You're skinny"

I was so rapt as my Family up to that point were known as The Clumps as we were all very short and very fat. In fact my nephews had decided that there weren't many of the family that were spunky except a couple of my girls. One a tall Amazon and one the aforesaid Stick Insect who has given birth to 7 boys and remains a stick thin girl.

I can only say this. I found the secret for weight loss and honestly it is like a switch goes off in your brain. A switch that decreases appetite and makes you move more. I found the more weight I lost the more I could not stay still. I had to be on the move all the time and instead of one trip to do something I would make three trips deliberately. I would dance for half an hour every day, jut any old how around the lounge room to a lively C.D.

I put all my fat clothes in a special place to give to my daughter or her daughter and ended up having to throw them out as she shrunk and her daughter shrunk right along side me. I bought new clothes with almost a disbelief and if I had one decent size meal immediately thought I would put all the weight straight back on. I still go into dressing rooms with the same belief even now that it is some sort of joke that I am a size 10 to 12. It takes the brain a long time to adjust to the new picture.

And the big secret to losing weight? Its easy, its just a lot less food, a lot less. You fool yourself and think you are already eating a lot less food, no you're not. And it is all about health. You have to accept that it is your health that matters. forget everything else. I worked with older Seniors in theie 80's and 90's, not one of them is overweight. The big ones are dead. They all have scales, they all eat like little birds and yet they are bright, intelligent and healthy. Lesson in that for all of us.


Love Janette



Popular Posts