Free Falling

Without Prejudice

Now we are all Free Falling in our lives. Things are not as they once were. The two unstabilising influences have gone or perhaps even three. We keep it, our lives, now, to ourselves. Yvette and I united in just rasing healthy boys and being a family. Three generations under the two roofs. We could have three roofs if we wanted. We are allowed to put another unit on the block if we so desire.

The units being moveable can be moved on to any block of land as the roof area is not compromised as the units are demountable. I love mine. I have peace and tranquility if I want it and can journey twenty feet and have a whole family to blend in with. Play with the grand sons and enjoy them, not feel responsible for their happiness.

Its a good feeling after so many years of Single Motherhood, and I am making the most of it. Doing things as I please. I help Yvette with the management of the boys and then write and do Ebay and also have two other daughters with their families as well. I am struggling some times to get everything done. But these days I don't stress. I know the dangers of stress.

I am like everyone else that copes with the day to day running of their lives, schedules, routines and I love lists. I do them on my computer and strike them off when I have done them. Gives me a feeling of accomplishment. This year I am trying to be more patient, more loving, more giving and more forgiving, less judgemental. I don't like my perfectionist tendencies so am trying to change those too.

I allow myself to make mistakes and laugh at them. I laugh more and cry less. I revel in times spent with old friends and am so grateful to have them in my life. Laure, the exercise nut, Robyn, the ex school teacher, Karin for her rock solid advice, Helena for just being her, Rita who I knew when we were both young Mums. Sylvia when we were bad mothers, ah the old days.

My girls are women now with their own families and cope very well with their lives and husbands and kids. I can remember them as babies as if it were yesterday. their powdery new born baby smell, the way they would beach themselves on my neck, eyes open, eyes black as night with all the intelligence and wonder of a whole new curious life.

I loved them at all ages, as they were mine. I didn't care about anything else from the day Debbie was born, she was mine. If she cried, I cried. I was so protective I laugh at myself now, but I was just turned 18, a baby myself.

Popular Posts