Diana Bliss

Without Prejudice

In the early 90's I was working in Housekeeping at The Sheraton Mirage on the Gold Coast. The job was humble and you felt invisible most of the time. We housekeeping girls heard Alan Bond was on board in one of the upper rooms. Just him, just Alan, no other. I was sent off to refresh his room, a service, fresh towels, a quick tidy up.

Mr Bond was very quiet and polite and after letting me in, retired to watch TV. I quickly tidied the bathroom noting all the female encroutements, tampons, make up, The whisper around the floors was that Diana Bliss was with him but as then they had not gone public on being together. So she was being very discreet about her presence.

I smiled at all the female products, that was not discreet at all, but we were always told to keep our mouths zipped at any thing we saw in the hotel rooms. A lot of the celebrities stayed there. Michael Caine, George Benson, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell to name just a few. Wealthy horse trainers who held outrageous parties, Gay older men, who were millionaires, the list went on and on. So fabulous to be around that sort of wealth and opulence. A lot of them are lonely and like to chat.

Later in the day I was summoned to the room, once again for a quick tidy and Diana Bliss answered the door this time. She didn't hesitate in opening the door, Mr Bond nowhere to be seen, she smiled at me in a big generous smile. I discreetly tidied the room and changed the towels and she chatted to me about the Gold Coast and then she tipped me. I knew who she was from photos in the Media. lovely lady, so sad to hear of her death today, aged 57.

love Janette

Popular Posts