Shocking, Dangerous Things

Without Prejudice

When I was at Camp Eden in 2011 I found I didn't need to be put to a "test" to know I was already brave. I had faced down so many shocking, dangerous things that year and the years gone by. Situations I didn't want to be in but had to "cope" with. The year had been full of them and I had to "do" something about them or give up altogether. Failure was not an option, ever, as it involved my Family and they are my reason to exist.

The year, last year, began badly and continued that way for a long time, testing my patience, my livelihood. My daughter had a fella that didn't want to work when it came right down to it. And in the meantime as he felt so bad about himself he made our lives hell. I had to step aside and leave my daughter to "fix" her own problems. And she did until one night her older boys came pounding on my door at 2.30 am, hysterical.

The were trembling and shaking,
"Mum's boyfriend has gone berserk and has her and his babies bailed up in the house, he has gone mental"

I told them to get inside my place and lock themselves in. I approached the house and there was the ex boyfriend armed with a shovel and getting ready to stove the plate glass door in. Inside the house I heard my daughter and other kids, scream as he lunged for the door with the shovel.

"Put it down" I said and he turned towards me.
Hesitated.
"It's not my fault, she's nuts"
And he was the one with the shovel !!!

"Put the shovel down" I said
"you dont need the drama it will cause, you better go I've called the cops"
He put the shovel down and I ran up and grabbed it and hid it in the back yard.

He bounded towards me then when I mentioned the police.
"great, I thought, He's on something"
He screamed straight in to my face, 5 inches from mine, I could smell his sweat and breath.

"You're bi polar and you are going to die tonight"
"No, I'm not" I stayed calm and stayed in place not budging.

He ran for the gate as I repeated in a monotone that the police were on their way even though they weren't. I knew he would have to break something as aggro men and boys have to, so he picked up a statue and stoved in the front windows and ran away. We then rang the police but of course they take so long to arrive he was well gone by the time they pulled up.

The police called DHS as children were involved. He was away clean and we had to suffer and from then on we had DHS on our back. He ran away to his Mummy's and she sheltered him of course. He's 22 and has fathered 2 little boys. He has barely worked a day in his life and she is happy to allow it but my daughter wasn't. If you mentioned the word work or job he would fly into a huge tantrum.

The Mother said she was also scared of him when he was like that. They are the type of Family that scream each other instead of talk and the son, the only son, was a menace. Spoiled, spiteful, jealous and an attention seeker. he had already tried to hang himself before my daughter met him. Trashed and stolen stuff from a school and blamed it on others. Nothing ever his fault, but his Mums or Dads or his Sisters but never him. All junkies say that, it's not their fault.

So we all settled down but the 15 year old that had come pounding on my door refused to stay any more at the house and wanted out. He had had enough ! All the boys were like that but chose to stay and band together. Within two months we lost custody of all of them. The oldest wanted back home and were allowed back straight away, and the little ones were gone. the baby, the 2 year old and the 7 year old.

Luckily it was to family as my oldest daughter stepped in. And within three weeks they were back in my daughters care and he was nowhere to be found. the ex boyfriend. he tried to come back a few times after that but no one wanted him there. At the house. The cost was too extreme and it took us months to get the little boys back in any sort of routine. they had missed their Mum, badly.

She had had to make the decision , kids or him and in the end that was an easy choice. We didn't need the lazy screaming nightmare and she told him so. She had to do the rejecting and mean it, I could not, would not do it for her.

She was the one that had to learn the lesson not me. I just kept "My Weapons" near the door. a gold colored baseball bat and I thought if he comes back I am going to hit him just once sharply across the shins. That would stop his gallop.

And I would have done it, with pleasure and I consider myself an intelligent woman with a very high IQ. I know others would be shocked at the levels I went for my kids and grandkids but that's my job. The law is often an ass and the cops take a long time to come when its a domestic, so rough justice has to prevail.

Otherwise people get hurt and we are not about to let that happen. I knew my daughter had loved this man, given birth to his 2 children and they were wonderful.
I knew she was partly to blame for the situations but the kids didn't need nor deserve it and I would do whatever it took to keep the kids safe and happy.

To be continued...............................................

Popular Posts