After 7 IVF Attempts---A Miracle

Without Prejudice

  I have been friends with her for forty odd years. We were both Mums in Keysborough in the seventies. She came to Motherhood later than I. She had her first at 30 and I had 4 girls by 24. She was considered an " older Mother " and had had a career as a Teacher, been overseas, well travelled, a Woman of the World in comparison to us other, " Just Mums ".

Outspoken, loud, critical with a heart of Gold.

Loved a gossip and a chat.

She had three children, the youngest a girl born on my birthday, the 17th of September.

One boy, the eldest eventually moved to America, is a chef, married and had one child.

One boy became a journalist, married and had two children, a boy and a girl.

And the girl born in my birthday met an Englishman.

They married in Las Vegas.

Sadly he had Leukaemia and had to have a bone marrow transplant to save his life. It worked, thank God. But it meant no children.

My friend said her daughter was " O.K. " with being childless as long as her husband was ok.

I didn't reply.

A few years went by and my friend told me her and husband, daughter and husband all went to midnight Mass at K.P.R. I had been there once with my Grandson and Irish fiancé and being a Proddy knew none of the responses but Nifty Nev and my Grandson Kyle did. It was so hot that night I thought I would swoon.

My friend said the Priest said a blessing for the childless and her daughter cried. When I asked her why she said she had no idea.

I didn't reply.

My second oldest child finally had a girl child after 7, yes, 7 boys. She always said she would have 7 kids even as a 15 year old.

When her younger sister passed away she said she was having kids that her Sister would never have.

So I rang my friend with the delightful news of a girl baby after 7 boys.

She was disgusted that " Welfare Mothers" could keep on having kids. Didn't matter that the older boys were working and studying. Her kids were " just perfect " .

I didn't reply.

She had mentioned that her daughter was on her 5th attempt at IVF and it had failed.

I left it a year and a half to contact her again. And her daughter was pregnant. Due in August.

She delivered early,  a cute little boy.

My friend was over the Moon. She was finally at a delivery of a Grand child. I had been to 12 by then.

She said it was messy, forceps, the cap used had popped off. It was cut, grab, yank but he was perfectly fine and so was the daughter.

I was thrilled for them all.

After 7 IVF attempts a result.

Never give up on your dreams, never give up hope. My Mum always said " where there is life, there is hope "


Congratulations to my birthday " twin" for a healthy baby and may he always be blessed .


Nette xxx

Popular Posts