I See Crazy People Two

Without Prejudice



My oldest daughter, Deborah on left with her cousin Haylee


Cruz and Acer

Kyle on left with mates

Yvette and Acer digging the backyard


Andrew, Kyle and Mladenka's son, my first great Grand Son



Jade

Tegan

Zach, Ashleigh, Brock at photo shoot


Tiana



The next to arrive on my doorstep early in the am will be Cruz, aged 4, almost 5.

Often with a box of Weetbix under one arm and a two litre bottle of milk in hand.

A little cowboy packing his six guns of energy.

He cried for three months when I went to Queensland for the Winter almost three years ago.

Yvette said he would sit on the step and just wail along with one of the dogs we had back then.

I love to play games with him and it's a routine of old.

" Who is it  ? " I will demand from behind the door.

 " Cruz" will come the muffled reply.

" Who ? " I demand.

" Cruz"

He never ever gets tired of this game and waits hopping from one foot to the other. I can hear his bare feet pounding out a tattoo on the boards.

I open the door and he brushes past me, impatient to eat, impatient to see me.

We have a time honoured tradition of eat first, talk later.

I ask how many Weetbix and he holds up four fingers but I say no and give him three,

Then warm them for one minute in the microwave, no sugar as he doesn't like it.

He gets the spoon. Pushes the coffee table close to the couch and demands a "red" which is sugar free  cordial and water in a tall glass with a straw. I have to taste it first and he laughs.

From the moment he made his entry into the world in three and a half minutes from Yvette
slamming through the labour ward doors he has been a delight. An Alpha Male delight.

Number seven of seven boys, he leads a blessed life.

Cleaned bowl which he then puts in the sink, he decides to wash all the dishes with a tower of bubbles and water. When extremely happy he rubs at the base of his nose with both hands
in a gesture like a little squirrel.

I grab the stool so he can reach and a pinny so that his clothes don't get all wet. He is a character.

He will always hug me, kiss me and tell me he loves me.

Every single day, what a blessed woman I am.

Me, who never had a Son, am surrounded now with Grandsons. More males than females.


.









Popular Posts