I See Crazy People

Without Prejudice


Nicholas aka The King



Every day here at the house of Seven Dwarves and One Snow White is a slice of life. A crazy, impossible, frustrating and delightful life, but a crazy one, just the same.

My daughter, Yvette, is the craziest although she would argue and say I am the crazy one. I prefer to think of myself as the Mother figure in My Life And Other Animals, by Gerald Durrell. A book I read at twelve, recommended by my own crazy Mother. 

A lowly bewidered observer with hair falling untidily from a high pony tail, cooking and babbling to myself. Sometimes chortling in a witchy sort of way as I am slightly psychic, not psychotic. 

I See Crazy People.

I relate to Crazy People, as I grew up in a Crazy Family. Not crazy in a bad way but a good way. A big band of seven, eventually. All of us verbose, intelligent, talented, singing, dancing, dramatic people. My siblings.

One is a Nurse who is married to a man that has never worked, outside of the home.

One a wealthy happy wife. Devoted to her lovely Husband, life, kids and Grandkids.

Two Captains of Industry, wealthy and as contented as very large cats.
Replete.

One a retired soldier who served in Vietnam and has the most darling second wife you could ever hope to meet.

Then there is me, the Author of Stories, stories mainly about my Family and ex Husband as they are rich characters for a writer.

And James, who died when I was but five, but he resonates within me, still. Also a prize winning writer and wore glasses just like me.

My day often starts at Four am or five, as there is so much to do. Within an hour the muscled up, not FAT, family cat pounding at my wire door. He demands to be let in as he is The King of the Family and knows it.

It's too much effort to not let him in so I do.

He yowls in almost a human way and when allowed in, disgustingly becomes a big softy and expects tummy rubs and throws himself on the floor on his back and stretches in anticipation of affection. Considering the rest of the time he is aloof and disdainful I ignore him as I know the sookiness is but Cupboard Love. 

Lately he has grown heavy as he is fed in two households and we discovered this just recently. Yvette feeds him as do I.

He is deep down a very happy cat. But strolls past the Maltese Shih Tzu pups, a new addition to the Family, and the sleek male kittens who are terrified of the Pups. 

Nicholas Hawkins Esquure rules in this family. As so he should. He's been around for years and is " sniffed" by the boys and now Shilo, the only female in this crazy family.

Every Family being dysfunctional in its own dysfunctional way according to Oprah.

We have no idea as to why the boys and Shilo " sniff " him. When questioned the 25 year old down to Cruz at four and Shilo at eighteen months mumble he smells " fresh ". And smells like " home "

Nicholas enjoys this " sniffing " or suffers it in silence, we are not sure which.

He's enigmatic. 

And a cat, so Yvette and I don't question it.

It's just part a part of life.

He leads a charmed life.

Weekdays I wake Yvette by knocking on her window at the front house. I can either be abused or greeted, every day is different. She is slightly multiple personality, slightly attention seeking, very pessimistic and a great Mother if she is sailing on an even keel.

It's my job to keep sailing her on an even keel as The kids are my main job.

I used to work as a Purchasing Officer on a great wage and now live on a pittance and enjoy my work so much more. I hate being tied to a desk for eight, nine, ten hours a day. I grow bored easily. A high I.Q. And being a natural born fidget demands movement and stimulation. I get plenty of that helping raise a family. 





Popular Posts