Cyclone ITA And Chloe Campbell

Without Prejudice

I want to hold on to this feeling and remember it when grey grainy rainy days come. Never let it go.

Cyclone Ita was not as bad as predicted and so far no loss of life. Thank you God !

My daughter is heading to Fraser Island, driving with her boyfriend,  and the "anxious Mother from Hell" , was keeping an eye on Weather News and deep breathing at the same time.

But the best news today is that Chloe Campbell is safe and well. A lost three year old girl from Childers. Found in the Showgrounds, hiding in the dark. Crouched. The rescuers heard one word.

"Mummy"

We have a three year old in our household. Bubbly, happy, Cruz and there is no more apt name for our "Happy Bhudda ". Cruz by name, Cruisy by nature. I cannot imagine what it would be like to wake up and find him missing. And he has a real knack for climbing fences. We have huge things in place to stop him from climbing out of the yard.

Apart from him being Cruisy he is also Harry Houdini and for a while "escaped " a lot. Now we found out his main spots of escape we breathe easier. And it was a "phase" he was going through.



His new "phase" is being naked. He knows he has to have pants on when he wants to come into my unit so he pounds on the door,

Muffled voice, ( Like a parody of Edgar Bergen )

"Nanny, it's Cwuze"

Me: "Who."

Cruz: "Cwuz'

Me: "Whadda you want ."

Cruz: " Cwuze" he says it with the attitude of that his name should be enough to allow entry into any where.

Still in my Strict Nanny role, I fling open the door and say, either

"I'm busy, I'm working"

And he slaps his groin and states,

"I have pants on "

Little Chloe's parents must be jumping for Joy, today.  Xxx


Popular Posts