Only The Lonely

Without Prejudice

I grew up as a dreamer, a child of imagination and hope. Loneliness was never a bother for me. Surrounded by a big family I loved nothing better than to escape to my room with a book and a jam sandwich. That was it, I loved the "alone " side of my personality. A writer needs it.

I was never alone with my books, they were my sustenance. Tales of English boarding schools and midnight feasts, picnics on the riverbanks of English countryside lanes. Just William and Biggles pinched from my brothers rooms which caused a few " vicious snits " . Mum would just hand it to me and say,

" Janette can read faster than any of you, let her read it first and then you can read it. "

My brothers would glare at me and slope off defeated but I knew they would probably punish me later, especially George. We used to fully punch on and he was way bigger than me. Ian was devious being so much older, he scared us girls with bugs and put Chilli on our tongues as we innocent littler ones closed our eyes and stuck out our tongues. Trusting him. Ha .

So now as an adult I relish alone time. I head up a big joyous untidy Family who are my Joy and life and there are so many of them. They keep me on my toes and It's a job I love and always have. 3 great grand kids, 14 grandchildren, 2 by my Foster Daughter, ( the only one in her disparate family to have kids ) three surviving girls, a loved  child who passed away 25 years ago this year, my life is Crazy, but I love it.

But I have felt lonely at times, even surrounded by people, even when in a relationship.


Everyone feels lonely at times, it's just part of life. But I have found it is a great way and the only way to reflect, meditate, write, listen to Music. You can never be alone with books and Music.

Music to me is like electricity, food, sex, and nothing moves me more.

To be continued...........

Popular Posts