100,000 Readers Worldwide

Without Prejudice

I have reached 100,000 readers worldwide. I can't tell you what that means to me. I began this journey because my brother, David, told me to go home and write. Of course at that time I wasn't listening. I wanted to just go back to Purchasing after a stay at Camp Eden in Currumbin on the wonderful Gold Coast, Queensland.

I spent five days there 18 months ago and when Dave said he had booked and paid for me to go I was livid. The thought of spending time at a luxury five star retreat was not something I wanted to do at that time. I suffer S.A.D. in winter, a strange adjunct to normal depression that is exhausting, debilitating and annoying, truth be told.

Dave had been 12 months prior and had gained a lot if personal insight to life and love and the whole damn thing. I thought for me that there could be nothing worse than spending time with 16 complete strangers. I like my privacy, do not like strangers and at that time wanted to wallow in my own self inflicted pity.

Dave raved about the place and more to please him than anything I girded my substantial loins and went. I might add at this juncture he fed me strong expresso coffees before my departure. He loves gadgets my brother and had recently purchased an expensive coffee machine that he adored playing with. Boys and their toys.

As he pulled out of the driveway at Camp Eden with a cheery wave from the comfort of his fiances brand new Mercedes he stated,

" By the way, there is no coffee and no T.V"

I wanted to run after him, call him back, clamber back into the luxury of the car and go home, his home, anywhere but where I was.

No coffee, was he kidding.?

No T.V.

What on earth would I find to do, living among spoiled rich people for five days?

But resolutely I wandered into the meeting room which doubled as a reception room and library. The whole place was sumptuous. Smelled of crisp pine and green apples. Others soon started arriving and seemed a lot less stressed than I. In fact they all looked much better than me.

I had left Melbourne on one of the coldest Anzac days in living memory. ,y greatbGranson was





Popular Posts