Sex, Sexy and Sharon Stone

Without Prejudice

To me it's like breathing, sex that is. It's good fun, releases endorphins, lessens anxiety, makes you feel good for at least three days and then you need more. Even as a young girl I was sexually curious. I gave the right neighbourhood ruffian a peek at my pink bits and my Mother was ready to slap me silly.

I then grew alpha female breasts by 11 and basically ignored boys as they all seemed to be rude, crude and smelt. And they looked dirty. Me, having a prudish Mum and an easy going Dad had the world of opposites. I shall never forget my Dad having to give me the facts of life speech when I was 13. I wanted the upstairs floor of my Grandparents bedroom, normally cold and smelling of a commode chair to open up and crash me downstairs to the tiny kitchen, full of people eating, smoking and laughing.

It was so bitterly cold for the first few months in the U. K. I literally thought I would die from it. The night Dad told me the facts of life was no different. But Granny had unusually set a fire in the fireplace upstairs and I stared miserably into it as Dad told me about "Stuff". I mumbled in reply and just prayed to God to get me out of there.

Mum when I was 14 took me to see a movie, called Poor Cow, and the first scene was a full on scene of a woman giving birth. I nearly died of embarrassment and couldn't look at my Mother during the entire movie. She had 6 kids, then, so that meant she had had sex at least six times and although I knew what the sex act was in its most primitive form, I had no understanding.

Boys at Southport State School, on the Gold Coast,  had told my best friend, Linda Sumner and I about horses "rooting" and we turned away from their crudity. They, after all were boys from "Special Class" at " Special School" and everyone knew they were all loony tunes. But as we turned away in disgust they yelled out,
" Your Mum and Dad, do it"

We cringed in horror and ran for our lives, away from the horse paddock and the boys. We discussed it at length as we sat under a tree and caught our breath. We knew it was right in some way and both of us tried to work out the logistics of it. I imagined them going in the bedroom and having sex behind the door.

Linda enlightened me later.  she stalked home and asked her parents outright if it was true. And to our horror it was true and they did it in bed. To get a baby they told her. Up to that point I thought babies just came along after you were married. Just appeared, a gift from God. I had no idea how or why about eggs and sperm, my Dad had been vague along those lines.

And my parents at that time decided to take the entire family from the hot, sunny heaven on earth of The Gold Coast back to the U.K. We had a short  stay in Mount Eliza before we went and I was followed by a man in Mornington, asked to be a girlfriend by a Dutch Boy named, Kees Van De Veezer. I used to hide in the hedge at the front of the house so I could escape him. He was annoying with his moonstruck ways.

And My period arrived two days after I turned 12. Naturally my Mother had not told me anything, the girls at school had. I thought I had cut myself in the bath. I was genuinely puzzled as to why I was bleeding. And that it didn't stop. I folded toilet paper in half and lined my undies with it. I was freaked out when I was still bleeding the next day.

And the pain would make me vomit. Nothing helped. I bought aspirin myself to get rid of the cramps but  I would just vomit up the aspirin. I took baths and found the only thing that brought relief was a hot water bottle tucked into my stomach as I lay wrapped around it in a foetal position.


Popular Posts