Number Eight---Sex, The Cane And Naughty Schoolgirls

Without Prejudice

It's nearly School hols and I can't wait. I've palled up with Caroline too and she lives with just her Dad as the Mum ran off with a 'Pakky" and never came back. Her house is disgusting though, all you can smell is wee and the smell is everywhere. She offers me a cup of tea with tinned milk and it is ghastly and all I can small is wee. Wee everywhere. Don't they notice? Her Dad is Irish, black Irish my Grand dad calls them and Caro reckons he's always drunk.

We go out "laking" to the park after school which usually menas we sit on the "Ranty" at the park and watch the world and the boys go by. There's been a "flasher" at the park she says and we look out for him. Our hands get all blistered from the monkey bars and we pop them with Caro's school pin and they hurt like crazy. The nights are getting longer at last and we stay for hours just talking and buy hot chips on the way home, eaten out of the top of the packet.

She's different Caro than Denise, Caro's Dad doesn't care what time she is home as he's always in the pub she says. I don't want to go back to her stinky house so I go home instead. Mum and Dad take us to Thornes Park after tea and I feel so very grown up as I have a mod top on, polo neck with cut away sleeves and stripes and I feel so fashionable and groovy, like a young Cathy McGowan but bigger bust. God. Jay is playing cricket with Dennis and Mum and Dad are clapping and I hate them all. How boring family outings are.

There are some sixth formers from my school playing cricket too and I pretend not to notice as one looks my way. Hope he's stunned by my most fashionable top. Mum fetches us ices from the Terry's van, hearts and I hope it's a good omen as I crunch into the chocolate outside. Wouldn't love be wonderful, holding hands and kissing wth a boy. The boys at school talk about French kissing and French letters and rubber johnny's and I think they are just disgusting. Caro doesn't seem to care about stuff like that, only going to the Mecca.

The Mecca is a big dance hall full of groovy muisc on Saturday afternoons. Its all dim and dark with dance floor and carpet and satirs everywhere. Hidden little corners that are dark and full of snogging couples. Caro and I go, denise is not allowed. We go to the loos or bogs, now I have to call them. We go into the bogs and Caro has a makeup bag full of make up and it's so good to put it all on. White as white pancake makeup, Max Factor on a stick you wind up, that smell is to die for and then tram lines around our eyes, mascara out of a box and you wet the brush with spit. Then pale pink frosted lipstick and we are done.

All the girls look the same except for their dresses and we dance around our bags on the floor.

Popular Posts