Thank You And Katy Perry

Without Prejudice

Well I can now say I write for a Living. Google kept moving the goal Posts, firstly you had to have a hundred thousand readers and then they kicked it up to one hundred and fifty thousand readers. Now it's a 155,000. So at the end of February it will be my first pay day. Two years and three months of writing 365 days of the year, well almost. I had days off to do other things, go to U.K. Etc. Thanks to my wonderful family.

The amount is a pittance, tiny royalties, but it soon adds up. Readers click on and if they click on an Ad, I get paid. Isn't that excellent ?

And the readers who found my stories and voted with their fingers. I didn't think I would reach a 1,000 readers never mind one a half times the audience at an MCG match. That is unbelievable. But I am so grateful they do. Writing is what I love and always have. And my inspirations were writers like Steven  King. Agatha Christie, Sue Grafton, Ed McBain, Enid Blyton, Harper Lee, Kenneth Graeme.

All the stories I loved, lived, as a child. Stories that took me into the world of imagination, an escape, hope, visualisations of other lands, places, people, cultures. Books I could not bear to put down. Reading through the night at times, sometimes three on the go at once. And imagining myself in the role of Ratty from Wind In The Willows, Jo from Little Wives, and Amy with her blonde hair and airs and graces and pickled limes.

To be continued......

Popular Posts