No---Non Je Ne Regrette Rien ---Piaf

Without Prejudice

It's one of the hardest words to say in our World.

NO

Frightened of not being popular, nor liked, but it's a word we need to learn and mean it.

I had this exact situation just last night.

Five weeks ago, my Grandson came to me with his Mum, Yvette, (who gave permission for me to live here on the shared property, five years ago.)

Of course since then she tells me to get out every week. When the young boyfriend was here it was just about every day for months on end at times.

She has a mild form of Bi Polar and she and I usually get along, With me here as back up for her kids..

Zach begged me to help out with my car so he could borrow Yvettes, for ONE week. Bear that number in mind.

He wanted fog lights on his great gas powered commodore. Or Calais, whatever it's called. It's green, that I know.

$700 for something he didn't need.

I agreed to one week.

But it had to be just one.

I believe in " neither a borrower or lender be."

Five weeks later last Friday, Yvettes cars was " blowed up "

And so was Zachs.

Leaving my car as our sole means of transport.

A car I am still paying off, thanks to my wonderful sis.

I had an original car, a beautiful old Skyline. But that was stolen last October. Not worth insuring they said.

Stolen no doubt by some Ice addict from around here.

Long story short I said NO to my car being used by anyone except me.

Zach bought another car and his Commodore is in parts.

Yvettes car was ultra slowly getting fixed because she had mine.

And one last time she came to see me last night, my night planned for no interruptions, just chilling
and watching movies and resting my back. Back on the mend but it's been two weeks.

She asked for the car.

NO, I said.

No more, no how, no way.

She had bought the parts for her car, new radiator, new hoses, a head gasket.

Only last Friday.

NO, I said, I could hear her sisters, my family saying in my ear, Thank God.

Yvette can be an attention seeker, a grand stander, a screamer.

NO, not a chance.

It's all about me nowadays.

She did " crack" it, but I ignored her.

I am finding it easier to say no these days.

No to lovers, I want a husband.

No, to taking up my time, or money


Last week I watched the wonderful movie about Edith Piaf.

Her song Non, Je Ne Refrette Rien resonated with me.

( In English, No, I have no regrets.)

My sister Jackie can sing it fantastically.

Piaf had no problem with saying NO.

Neither do I, now

If I don't look after me these days  I would be an idiot.

And though I class myself as intelligent I also can be very " Blonde" at times.

Though I can be a bitch I am also a " soft touch "

So NO, No, no.

I will not clean another house for any one for nothing.

I will not go out with another man unless he is prepared to take me out and spoil me rotten.

And want something serious and not a friend with benefits.

I will spoil my grand kids but not baby sit.

To be fair Yvette has rarely asked me as when I moved here five years ago, now,

I said no borrowing money and no baby sitting.

Start as you mean to go on.

With the lover boys I had always wanted just the love and nothing else, so that's my fault too.

No to boring meetings, drunken parties, as I gave up drinking two years ago.

And the hardest word, NO, to my kids. I will always love them but my Mothering days are over.

Although if I met a man with kids, his kids would not worry me at all as I have raised so many.

Sorry there is not more about Piaf in here I will save that for another story....

Nette x















Popular Posts