Being Contented

Without Prejudice


I am contented. I am content to be a good Mum and adore spending time with my grown girls. I am only 17 years older than my oldest child and one of my besties is the same age. I look on my girls as friends I always have, although if I have to pull the parent thing I will. I've been Mum and Dad for 22 years and I look at them all and I am so proud. Great women, the daughters I always wanted.

My grandkids as well make me contented, I see me in them and vice versa but with their own independent spirit. I like the teenagers especially well as my girls struggle with the same issues I did when they were teenagers. Girls fight, verbally and you never hear the end of it. The worries that they are going to turn out all right is an immense pressure. I used to take a deep breath with mine and think
"one day they are going to be 30 with a mortgage and 2.4 kids"

I was delighted when males came along to take them off me. Delighted, as I no longer felt the pressure to Mother them, although I did, of course. One by one they told me to step back. So I did and now it's just me. I feel like I am going through my second childhood and I don't give a shit. Seriously.

I've worked and scraped, paid homage to men in the work force if I genuinely liked them and respected them. Other men are fairly trite and boring. A lot of them grumpy and even more boring when they get older. Whereas women are happy. I love my life as I have no one to tell me what to do. I can do what I like, when I want and I love that. I'm not good at being told what to do. I'm quite contrary in nature, part serious pessemist, and part outgoing optimist. A nice mix of my parents.

I was a loved and treasured little girl and had a great upbringing with lots of siblings and I always felt secure in the knowledge of Family. I still do. I love my Siblings and get on well with all of them. I try and not be envious of the wealthy ones. I love going to their places though and getting spoilt rotten. I love the dinners and outings and get to see things I might not have if it were not for them. They are genuinely great people.

I am at the age where I can speak my mind and really not give a toss what other people think. I would be more worried if one of my kids or Grandkids didn't like something I had done. I am enthusiastic and keen to live. Life is only lived once and we are all going to die so why not live, really live, while you are still alive. On our death beds we won't be worrying about anything. Certainly not inaminate objects.

I've been rich and poor and I like being rich. Nothing wrong with money, although when younger I always equated money with misery. Now I don't and I know my worth in monetary value to someone who needs my skills or talent. Even if they need me as a person there is a price to me and a reward. I love praise as does everyone. People work better for praise than they do for more money.

I have secure housing for life, at a very moderate sum. The finacial constraint gone frees me up to do more things that I want to do. My worst nightmare would be having to go back to work and sit in an office for 40 hours a week. Pinned in the one spot, I can't stand not being able to move as I am such a fidget and learn things too quickly then am bored. I love to be too busy, not sitting with not enough to do.

So now I clean as it's physical and releases my brain from brain work. I write several hours a day, every day, help raise 7 kids and maintain 2 dwellings, inside and out. My day starts at 5.30 and often doesn't finish till 1 am or 2. I just work and work and work and I love it. I do Ebay and restore things, mostly vintage and retro stuff. I sell some and have found if I like something quirky other people will like it too.

I have lost 24 kilos in the last 6 months and feel fantastic. I have heaps of energy, hate to do set exercise, so thats another bonus to cleaning for 6 hours a day. I'm running most of the time between unit and house and at other houses. I love bathrooms and kitchen cleaning and I especailly love to transform a house and garden from drab to fab.

I have been asked out twice this week from men who are a lot younger than me and have said no, as for the moment I am quite happy on my own. I was a solitary little girl, always with her head in a book and I am still the same now. I am curious, always. I know that men are asking me out as I have lost the weight. I'm not sure if thats because they want a hot body or that I feel more confident about myself. A womans self esteem in her body and a mans self esteem tied up with his career.

Losing the weight my Doctor told me was because I wrote out my life history for public view. Things I had never discussed came out in the writing and it was like lancing a boil. Poison and anger and frustarion came oozing out of my psyche and I laughed and cried as I wrote. And ate a lot less food. A lot less. Probably one hundredth of what I had eaten before. Also the Doc said Camp Eden was a form of brainwashing but a good form of brainwashing.

And I received feedback from my stories, all good except for a couple who should not rerallt be reading it but I don't care. Its my truth and my opnion only. I did it more for my girls to help them and let them have a family history. Where they came from, who their relations were going back to my Grandma who was originally a McKenzie on my Dad's side and Granny Wilsher on my Mum's. I have long living relarives and most of them live in the UK. I wanted in the writing to show them their relatives as people and not just names to them.

I no longer seek peoples good opinion. I am who I am warts and all.

And the most important thing is that I am free, for the first time in my life, I am Free and its a good feeling.I don't for the moment have to worry about anyone else, if they are well and happy thats great and if they are not thats their problem, I only want to have peace and quiet and if that goes on for the rest of my life I will remain contented.

Love Janette

I am just so damn contented.......


Love Janette

Popular Posts