Dweebs

Without Prejudice

We seem to get a few, now and then, dweebs ! We must attract them somehow. They are always threatened by us at first, strong women, and we don't fancy them at all which is also particularly galling to them. They either remain as friends,like my very excellent male friends, Wayne, Ivan, Frank or they end up running away. Just depends.

We put them to the test a lot, well you have to with men or you end up with just silly ones and there are lots of silly ones. We've had our driveway written on, we've had beatings and cars wrecked and bottles and stones and brickbats hurled at us. The windows have been broken and weapons produced. But we just have to do it. We don't choose it, it comes to us.

Dweebs want only yhe girl they are involved with forgetting she is usually a whole unit often with kids. So we get called names and spat at and insulted and we ignore them as we are so immune to it. A policeman said once "You get hardened to it ", thats what we are hardened. Thats a good thing in this world. There are bigger problems out there than ours. People are going through their own battles every day.

We stand rock solid against all of it, all the girls and I, we've heard it all before and it gets quite boring after a while. The men, the dweebs, all sound the same. Their Mother didn't love them properly, their ex is a bitch, they were ripped off (men seem to worry about money more than any thing else ). I don't understand that bit of rhetoric as what man can't make more money than a woman, ? Any day ?

I am only talking about the dweebs here, usually manipulative, usually violent with voice or action and underneath they fear women. We try and get them adjusted up front but they all as one get threatened and then they hate us. It happens every time. Every single solitary time. They get the women to do their talking, they are just dweebs and half the time we feel sorry for them. But we have other things to worry about.

We've had to put up with a few, Yvette kept getting it wrong till she put herself higher than the cliche "Just anyone that likes me would be good " after a long term abusive relationship. She felt better when the doctor told her we tend to pick the same type. And we need to watch for the pattern emerging. Not everyone is good at picking the right one. It helps if you think you deserve better.

I've had better and I am not about to lower my standards. I've been married 20 years, been engaged 10 and lived with another. My favourite was abusers, I always thought I could "save" them at the cost of myself/ I can now spot an abuser at 50 metres. It has a special cadence of speech, sound, that I recognise, abuse, and its always a power struggle. I "am older and have more insurance", so I rub my hnads together with glee when a dweeb comes along.

They are usually quiet at first, checking out the situation. If I don't like them I don't like them and George my brother says I show it on my face. I can never hide feelings unless I am bare faced lying. Then I am as innocent as a baby and act like I don't understand. Lying sometimes the only option in this game of life. My Mum always called it The Merry Go Round, and sometimes you get dizzy and want to get off.

My Yorkshire Aunt who was a pet, always said "When in doubt act daft"
So we do.

Dweebs are just sad and we try not to laugh at them..........

Popular Posts