Celts, Voodoo and Superstitions

Without Prejudice

I belong to the race called the Celts. Great warriors, great soldiers, great freedom fighters. All my life I have abided by the superstitions of the celts (often what they call Fey or having the gift of the Second Sight ) and if these superstitions come from another race, my apologies. I haven't done my homework enough.

Here are some

I throw salt over my shoulder if I spill some. The salt thrown avoids bad luck or the "Evil Eye"

I believe a white feather is a wish that will come true.

I pick up a pin or a small coin if I see it, believing,
"See a pin/penny pick it up, all the day you will have good luck"

If I see "Crazy" coming, I cross the street.

I never put new shoes on the table.

I never have photos of dead relatives on the same wall as live ones. Bad luck. Thats a Maori tradition.

If someone dies in the Family I light a candle so that their soul goes to Heaven and not to Hell.

I trust in my "Gut feeling"

I trust in my "Heart feeling"

I trust in my instincts.

My Family, all of us, my older brother Ian says,  sweep crumbs on to the floor and do not wipe them with a cloth. I think that goes back to our Scottish Ancestry when we lived with dirt floors.

If I misplace something I sit near water, usually the toilet, and say

"Spirit of the house, stop playing games with me and give it up"

And I will find it if the object is in the house.

A Voodoo thing that I do is if I wish for some bad person to go out of my life I write their name on a tiny piece of paper and throw it in the back of the freezer and they go out of my life, everytime. You have to be patient with this one as some people are stronger than others. If they are meant to stay, they will stay. This one is not a celt thing of course it was in an article in The Australian Womans Weekly written by Linda La Plante.

She at the time was dealing with some pretty dodgy characters for a book and didn't want their "Crimes" to affect her in any way, so see it as a healthy cleansing thing. Not as just Voodoo as Voodoo is pretty scary stuff.

I shower after I have spent time with negative people, as they can drain positive energy.
I sometimes see a flash of something, a picture as on a TV screen, and I am "seeing" two things at once. I saw my daughter with a new born baby before she knew she could have been pregnant and pregnancy at that time was the furthest thing from her mind.

I saw the same thing with a girlfriend in a dream. She was holding a new born baby boy and crying at his beauty. At that time she also had no intention of being pregnant.



I dream things that come true. I saw the bushfires before they came. I saw my darling daughter, Lauren, after she had died, all grown up and smiling.

I saw a ghost at my brothers house and screamed the house down.

To be continued

Popular Posts