Four Budget Beauty Essentials You Should Never Be Without

Without Prejudice

A famous Hollywood make up artist said the four beauty essential you should never be without are

Eye drops

Lip gloss

Concealer

Mascara

I also recommend foundation, to even out your skin tone and set it with a translucent face powder, starlet does a good one for just a few dollars.

Buy the best mascara you can afford, there is a new one out by L'Oreal called Extra-Volume with Collagene Mascara that adds volume thanks to the inclusion of hydra-collagen ( demonstrated to have volumizing properties ), this has the ability to make lashes look thicker and plumper and tends to not "cake"

Eye drops, obviously to whiten eyes, lip gloss as there is nothing worse than dry lips, concealer to minimize under eye dark circles and mascara as it makes the eyes "pop". I have deep set eyes with high cheek bones and concealer under my eyes immediately makes my eyes look less recessed.

Mascara that makes my tiny spiky eyelashes plumper and thicker is also a joy. And if going out I take the time to curl my lashes as well. An eyelash curler is a great investment as they last ages, years and you can buy replacement rubber strips for them.

I haven't tried false eyelashes in years as they used to make smaller recessed eyes look sinister and hooded. When I wear them I look like Peter Lorre from Casablanca, shifty and mean and ready to talk with a whisper and out the side of my mouth.

I like stained lips rather than full thickness of lipstick and slick them over with gloss. I never use a lip liner, just a steady hand. I hate the way lip liner can outline the lips leaving the middle lip area naked as we eat, kiss, lick. There are few lipsticks  that stay in place without being dry.

The old style lipsticks from the fifties were obviously made from the same stuff wallpaper paste is. You just can't get that stuff off without scrubbing at your lips. Wallpaper paste has the ability to stay stuck for life and I have tried to remove it from walls enough to claim myself an expert.
They should use it in operations to stick bones together, it is incredible stuff with sticking power even after years.

In hay fever season which for me is just about six months of the year, I have to add Vaseline on my lashes, lips and coated inside my nostrils or I will be hit with pollen as soon as I step out the door. Meds do not work and I prefer not to fill my head with chemicals. Vaseline works by coating the small hairs inside the nose, trap them and stop them getting to the sinuses and brain.


Less is more with makeup unless you are going on T.V. And that is heavy duty makeup especially created for harsh lighting and needs heavy duty removal. Any good thick skin cream massages it off and a warm face cloth is a cheap clean and effective way of removing it. Lips need to be exfoliated as well as they respond well to a good scrub with a towelling face washer.

To be continued





Popular Posts