Alpha Males

Without Prejudice

I did an experiment with the teen boys tonight. I brought them to my unit window, saying at their groans that it was an experiment, not a JOB. This is important as teen boys are mostly locked in their own little worlds of hormones, hormones, hormones. Mt Sister, the Nurse says all boys are one big walking hormone and don't see dirt!

I had read on the internet that classical music calms down barking dogs. There is an adorable mutt over the back called, Molly. She is soft and friendly and as silly as a buckled wheel. I have had to rescue her a few times out of our yard. Having taken her home I met the Owner, a harrassed Single Mother with two rebel boys. The kind that used to yell and throw things in our yard until Yvette, (We call her Joy, from My Name Is Earl" vaulted up on my balcony and yelled,
"Piss off you littler mongrels or I 'll tell your Mother you smoke dope"

They were so apologetic after that they became angels and Yvette has never had to tell them off again.

Any way the adorable mutt, Molly loves barking day and night. She obviously misses her Owners when they are at work and school. I love her to bits but soon grew sick of her barking. So in desperation I typed two words in to Google. Barking Dogs. Up came a mention of classical music if played calms down barking dogs. Wolves and Alpha Males.

So for two weeks I have been trying it, it has to be classical and not other "highbrow" music. I notice Molly will bark when the news comes on, so I have to quickly flip to another Classic Channel on the radio. I aim it out of the bathroom window, closest to the back yard.

She shuts up. There is blessed silence. And I can think and concentrate and type in peace and quiet. When I read the whole article on Google it said, as dogs have such high frequency hearing, the music appeals to them and calms them down, they use it in kennels with lots of dogs.. So too with Wolves and Alpha Males. So seeing as I have a ready supply of males around the house I asked them one by one to come to the radio and listen to the Music.

I was surprised that Jai liked it. I hadn't even asked him, he just mentioned it. he was dressed to go to Cadets, he's now gone from Recruit to Cadet.
"I like that Music, Nan, ", He said as he asked me to take him to Cadets.


"How does it make you feel ?" I asked.
"Relaxed", he replied.


So I dragged the other reprobates out to the window and asked them the same question. The oldest Male immmediately said it made him feel relaxed. I just knew it would be his answer as he is the penultimate Alpha Male. The younger sibs were not sure, but changed their minds within minutes to an answer that they liked it. They love The Flight Of The Valkyrie from "Apocolypse Now" so I had a feeling they would like powerful music, uplifting and inspiring.


They like and now understand why rich powerful men are often at the Opera. Well icons like Al Capone and other Italian mafia family members. They love the Godfather 1 and 2, as well.


So a fun, satisfying and informative experiment with the 7 Little Dwarves as I like to Call them. And the fixing of the barking dog, which I'm glad about as I was getting ready to scream at her, poor thing. She's just lonely. And screaming wouldn't have done either of us any good. I've lost my voice with bad hay fever, I sound like Marilyn Monroe. And as it seems with every irresponsible dog owner, they, never seem to hear it, I found my own solution. Bonus !


XXX

Popular Posts