When Is Enough, Enough ?????

Without Prejudice

For some people there will never be "Enough". I spoke to a lovely man in court today, he was 50, old in wisdom, youthful in looks. He had quite a history and he said he did stupid things when young, made wrong decisions. But he knew a lot, down to earth and witty with it.

My family and I were at court to gain an IVO on a girl that was adopted by me when she was just 13. She had lost a Mum and I had lost a child, so she came to me at the lowest point of my life. And I took her in, made her go to school, rid her of her bad friends. Turned out she was OK at school work as long as she was going. She loved wagging and was a cocky smary arse that thought she had all the answers at 13.

I had to pin her up on the wall one night and tell her there was no way she was sneaking out of the house to meet with the "Carnie Boys". My girls took her under their wings and showed her how to dress, be clean, style her hair. It's exciting to be able to teach a child things they didn't know.

Popular Posts