Being Older

Without Prejudice





Isn't wisdom supposed to come with age ?. I guess I am wise and sane and as knowledgeable as an owl. I know I can get dressed up and look "good for my age", these days. I don't have visible scars, tattoos, I reasonably like my bod. It's "OK for my age". I've made friends with it anyway and keep it healthy by being picky about what I eat and exercise by running after a big family.

I am crazy about Music all kinds from Chris Brown to Coldplay, can usually beat my Boffin Brothers at Music Trivia as they only know their eras, I know them all having so many kids, grandkids and now great grandchild. Love Gotye, Angels, Ted Mulry, Hair, Woodstock, The Pogues, Kris Kristofferson, Rhianna, Tom Jones to Usher. Not too many women my age like that. I have a girlfriend who has moved from Gospel to Zydeco. Jaysus !! Another plays JAZZ, Jaysus, as well. Mad !

Some women get to a certain age and think they have to act like that. Who the f**K cares ?? Who are you impressing?. Look at Goldie Hawn and the wonderful Helen Mirren, Joanna Lumley? You just know those women are loving their lives. And so am I. I was married to a prick for 20 years and I put up with more than I should because of my kids. I know we shouldn't but we do.

Then one day I was free of him and his constant criticising, and I never ever missed him, not for a split second. My brothers thought he was a character and asked me to start writing funny stories about him, then I found I had to write about the violence as it was wrong. Then I went through a meltdown remembering it all and then was over it. Once it was on the page it went out of my mind.

I then went back to the weight I was before I met him. I had been carrying around 25 kilos of extra fat because of that stupid idiot. He is still the same, would not have one good word to say about me and that worries me not a jot. He knows who he is and why he is the way he is and he really doesn't care and neither do I. No love lost there, baby. I hate men that hit their wives and kids just because they think they can.

I realised I was too good for him when I first met him, but women tend to always marry beneath them. I mean I loved him of course and held out hope he would change. He never did. Tough, !

So I had to make a life without him and I did. And I now have the best life you can imagine. I am surrounded by loving family and friends. I advise and set goals for people, (if they want it ) I write full time and can either have a web site of my own, with practical advice, or sell a munuscript to a IK publisher. I am going to wait until I am over the 60 hump, first.


I dress to suit myself, I have designer and retro and I love a fifties look, hour glass shape, love Pumps, and waists and boleros, icons like Nigella Lawson as she is also "womanly". I like being blonde as blondes definitely have more fun. I like being brainy as it deters idiots and accepts the "great minds that think alike"

I like money and pretty shiny things and I tend to get them myself thses days, don't like to owe if you know what I mean. I have Wayne Cooper shoes and Christian Dior bag and makeup. I have the best of perfumes and I collect vintage ones and bottles. I collect Snoopies as well, as the remind me of being 15 and collecting them in my Barbie wallpapered bedroom.

I had a very "posh" Mum so always had to be a lady when I really was a Ladette underneath. Ah well, bad girls have more fun.  But I now dress like a lady and it's all about me, for once in my life. My girls can sort out their own problems, the right man can find me as I don't think there is one, I find most men work. I think marriage is a ridiculous concept. Who is still in love after 5 years.???

I think most, not all, men cheat, I think they lie to make it easier but they make it harder, and they can be mental, drunk, lazy, gamble, do mega drugs, drink to excess or yell. I hate the ones that yell ! I hate dweebs, psychotics, soft and over dependent, that don't like your family. It's too hard to get that sort of match and most men would go for 2 30 year olds than one 60 year old. So I'm pretty safe.


All the women I know in a relationship complain about their men. So I am single and loving it and men will feel sorry for me and women will say, You lucky Bitch. xxx


Popular Posts