You are going to be better than fine

Without Prejudice

She told me that 23 years ago. That I was going to be fine better than fine. And in the end isn't that what we all want ??? To be better than fine.

I'm 60 on Monday, a birthday I have both hated and welcomed. Welcomed as it means that I can now be wise, not just an annoying know it all. Ha Ha. And that I can be so proud of my life without having to care what other people think. Never be ruled by what others think, it's your life to make something of.


I have brought up 3 strong, independent lovely caring women, all by myself. I have 13 grandchildren who I adore in equal measure. And one diamond child, now, my Great Grandson. Am I not lucky ? To be surrounded by kids every day is my dream job. I teach, advise, tidy up, console, kids every day. I hope we get more, wouldn't worry me if I had a hundred.

They are the best fun. They don't cost as much as you imagine and to see a child start to grow and advance each day, give you things to be so glad about is Heaven on a stick, it really is. I help my daughter raise 7 boys, my 7 grandsons. A job I totally love.

I have lots of fun with Family too. I love my ex sis in laws as much as I love my own Sisters, I love my family members with a passion and usually always have unless they piss me off for being stupid. If I can still dance to the Floor by Jonny Gil I am very healthy, happy and a contented woman.

I did a bit of research before this Birthday, apparently I am an Alpha Female, that explains the 39E bazookas, I suppose. I keep trying to tie them down but they won't ! I get the doctor to do breast checks, are you kidding, smashed between two plates of glass. No way!!!!

I have no idea why my brother is surprised that I am bossy and controlling. I know it stems from anxiety. I have to control my environment and it has to be anally clean. That's just me, always the perfectionist. I wasn't always this way I was a shy timid little mouse as a kid. Now I'm not, changed forever by circumstance. That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I would prefer not to have to be strong and have her still here, but that is not possible.

I don't always succeed but I try to honour her memory every single day. I like helping people so I help someone every day except days where I want to selfishly just be myself, and recharge the batteries. I no longer rush here, there and everywhere, trying to please everyone. I put myself and my needs first, health first and well being second. I can't help other people if I am not healthy and well.







Popular Posts