My Birthday Party

Without Prejudice








The day I had dreaded finally arrived, my Milestone Birthday. As ever in this Family, it was like a surreal landscape, music, cake, (not eaten) KFC, no pizza. Presents galore, I am so happy with my presents. Everything I wanted plus more. Calls and flowers Tulips and roses) thank you Deborah, Hilliers chocolates, nom nom. Cards and surprises, ballons and more music.

Grand kids saying the most wonderful things,

Dylan: "Nana,
Me: "Yes"
Dylan: "Today I want to say you look beautiful, really beautiful"
Me: Thanks Baby.

All sorts of goodies from Alena, Frames and Gina Reinhart's book, The Rocky Horror DVD, Lol, Olay Shave Gel for my legs, and Regenerist for my skin and tickles on the bed with Cruz who chuckles and plants a big sloppy kiss on my neck and the longest hug a two year old can give. I love you's from all the grand kids and Nanny is really strong after everything she has gone through in life.


I have finally got back to pre Qld weight and I can once again wear anything. I wear a pencil skirt, a velvet and jewel top with hair all messy and hair sprayed and earrings and bangles and luscious red heels. Open toe, leather, platforms. Yum.

So no one recognises me as I am always in "uniform", sensible clothes that can take snot, blood, MUD, kids, animals, and all the usual mess of baking and cleaning. At the moment we are trying to get another unit, in the back yard, 2 bedroom, it's all been okayed but has been delayed over 12 months. Grrrrr

There's been all this family coming and going and it's all been a bit hectic, since I came back from Queensland. There' s babies been born and grand kids to reconnect to, friends and extended family. Crazy I've only just finished unpacking and it's been almost a month.

But Syl messaged from Slovenia, (Happy Birthday, coming home Saturday, thank God !!! ", no doubt a big catch up there with home made drink and lots of laughter and tears, Karin and Laurel sent cards, Robyn emailed me. They are all my oldest girlfriends and I have known them since a teenager. More birthday greetings on Facebook, I was overwhelmed with all the great messages, Beautiful card from My Sis, Jackie. And money, Thanks Jackie, And it's to be spent on ME, she said.

I tell Yvette I fancy KFC for tea as I can NEVER have it and I am craving it for just once with coleslaw and gravy. Yum. I have been so strict with my diet since I arrived back home from QLD. I replaced one addiction for another, family addiction for ice cream and chocolate biscuits and it's been on my arse since I came home.

So it had to go and I finally worked the last bit off so indulged in something I really wanted and opted out of cake. There'a enough starving teenage boys in this house that love cake, and little boys too. Acer's favourite thing is cake. I also had an entire bottle of chardonnay to myself, with meds, great, I was off my face within minutes and dancing with the girls in the Kitchen. It was a riot.

Yvette kept putting on Disco Music and we were Disco Diva;s in heels for a good hour or more. The boys had all wished me Happy Birthday and they are just one big testosterone filled moving mass and mumble, diappear when work is mentioned and watch a lot of movies and play games called DOD and Special Ops. Mostly we just let them get on with it. They burp, no farting, their Mother wouldn't allow it.

The slothy hisky keeps tryong to get in to steal cake and we ignore her. We take photos of us and the dancing boys, who are also enjoying the music, we are outrageous and so happy. Dancing in the dark, Ha Ha Next party will be Halloween and that's always huge for os. Dressups and goodies.

To be continued,,,,,,,

Popular Posts