Rich Beyond The Dreams Of Avarice

Without Prejudice

My family are coming down at the end of June, finally, they usually hate Melbourne and instead I go there to Queensland. I love Queensland but the grand kids are here, so I can never live there permanently. Besides I like the culture of Melbourne and the weather I just have to tolerate.



My Mum apart from being posh and a snob in the best way was also a down to earth Yorkshire woman. One of her sayings was,

Rich beyond the dreams of avarice,

Along with " If wishes were horses, beggars would ride "

We seven kids were brought up to believe in the best of everything and also knew the worst of times. It made us practical with an ability to dream big.

My brothers and sisters are all very successful in their own lives. But one brother said to me I, was the richest. I was shocked and surprised as Up to that time I thought only in monetary terms. Having gone from a Ferrari lifestyle to a humble existence. But he said and I quote,

"You are the richest, you live behind your kid and Grand kids. Every day if your life  you can get a hug and kiss from your Grand kids. I have one and he lives in London"

I thought about what he said. It was true.

I have been at the birth of 13 of my grand kids. Six to Yvette, one I missed as he came in half an hour as I was driving from home to work. I picked up the phone at work and she had delivered Brock Jordan almost by herself. Yvette is a tiny bodied size 6 and seems to pop them out, zips up her jeans and walk home.

The last one I could have delivered at home. We had her up on the bed ready to deliver but one of the paramedics, the male one, had a panic attack so we had to slow it down and get her to hospital. She delivered within one minute and 36 seconds of her trolley slamming through the delivery room doors.
He is the 7th boy and a bubbly delight of smiles and chubbiness. Cruz Nate.aged 2.

My foster daughters first son was the hardest. She's of Macedonian extraction and has a high intolerance to pain. She had an epidural, gas and air, Pethidine and still she screamed, whined, complained. In the end she said to the Doctor, screamed at the Doctor,

"Get your fucking arm up there and rip the fucking thing out"

He looked as if he was about to vomit and exited the room, hastily.

I ticked her off but it did no good she was like a wild beast, unstoppable.

He's now 14 and busy growing a moustache.

To be continued......






Popular Posts