Don't Touch Lola And Breaking Bad

Without Prejudice





I bought a Skyline yesterday, I have already had a Jeep.

Her name is Lola, as in

"Don't touch Lola "

She's Gold, straight panels, looks like a dork and she is all mine. No loan.

I have coveted her for a year. Saw her every day and the first time I saw her fell in love.

Unlike my old Corolla she has air conditioning, a great radio and goes like a cut cat.

I am in love.

When I put her on Facebook my older brother, Ian, immediately replied.

" I love Lola" he said.

She was nestled among three cars, a Tuscan four wheel drive.My Corolla, Coco. And Lola was partly hidden.

Everyone is in love with her except for her original owner and he is 19 and has a need to look cool to the girls and his brothers. He loved Lola only in a way, he was always wanting a "cool car" like a boring old Commodore. A VT that runs on gas.

He better Not have a " Need For Speed "

or else.

He spent heaps on Lola as only a 19 year old can. It has a radiator something or other attached to the front of the engine. A sports something or other, new radio, air conditioning, , new this, new that, in total he spent 4.900 on extras.

I always name my cars. I am a dill like that. I even have a hammer called Stanley, given to me by a carpenter friend. I like to name things, I am not being pretentious, just myself.

My ex fiancé gave me his Nissan station wagon long after we split as I had always coveted it, as well.

He looked like a male car, so I called him Cedric, after an old Boss of mine.

I do have to remove the HOON sticker off the back window of Lola, but the boys said to just add Nana to the word instead. Lol.

Lola is regal and I may drive her to Queensland in the Winter and get my brother to paint her black and tint the windows.

Pimp my ride.


I sold my old Corolla to my daughter, for a little "  run about, " the only problem now, where to park all the cars. That's OK, we could gravel the front yard before Winter. Or put car tracks of concrete in the grass, saving the churning up of mud.

The original owner of Lola, was a young Asian boy as was the original owner of my Corolla.

Therefore stereo and anti theft devices are "de rigeur" . Lola also has this shiny silver box in the boot that gets hot and is a sub woofer or something. I can see me waiting at the lights, the car bouncing to the very loud music.

" Shuffling "

The boot is large enough to house a small family and I can always go to the Drive In and hide many kids in there just like we used to do in the eighties.

The many features of Lola were carefully explained to me. Some are added here.

 How I could not lock my keys in the car as you have to turn the ignition off and press a button.

And it has no central locking, nor electric windows,

shock, horror, gasp, the windows are " wind down ".

They boys were so eager and so funny when they were explains the myriad of features to me that I just stood back and admired. I did not say a thing.

At no time were the words,

" Don't show your Granny how to suck eggs " uttered by me.

I just revelled in every feature. Pretending I had no idea how these wonderful retro features worked.

My first car was a powder blue mini I bought off a neighbour and it had no features  but I transported two toddlers and new baby and the next new baby around in it for years. Best $100 I ever spent.

It had holes in the front passenger side floor which I joked I could fit my feet through and run along the ground as in The Flintstones. I just covered them in a rug. I loved that car. I drove it to Queensland and back. Up to South Gippsland to Mandalay, the farm, every weekend.

It had little tiny side windows, tiny controls, it suited tiny me right down to the ground.

One time, on the way to the farm, my oldest girl who would have been four, wound down the window took a breath of fresh country air and said,

" Mmmmmmm, I can smell cow poo "

I transported four kids under 6 around in my mini for years and I still miss it. Cute little thing it was.

Later in life I drive a GT falcon, a Rover, a 71 Fairmont which was stolen from Rusden University while I was inside doing two hours of improv for Drama.

Also over the years I drove a HD, an S series Valiant, a brand new Jeep Cherokee, a Ferrari, an LTD, a Valiant Ute ( a lemon, as was the Rover) a Hyundai Excel, a Gemini, a Datsun 180B,  the list goes on and on and on.

But the mini was my fave.

I would love to get another one and do it up.

When I think of the original name L.O.L.A, I think of the show it came from and that show always reminds me of Breaking Bad and the character Walter. I have never yet watched a show but my boys and girls all have and they are addicted.

Walter has been named number four in the list of the 50 most influential men in the world.

Apparently the writers of Breaking Bad were down and out one day, rejected time and time again for their writings and consoling themselves in a bar with a few soothing ales. In the end, drunk, one of them said

"We might as well buy a van and set up a Meth Lab" as that was lower than what they were doing. Those words said in drunken despair were to make history. Breaking Bad becoming an outstanding success.














Popular Posts