Four---Sexy Bastard

Without Prejudice

So we went on as before. I wasn't keen on anything to do with males. My ex had vowed undying love and moved in with soemone else 6 weeks after we had split. I was shitty as all hell and wanted to kill him but what can you do ? Nothing. So I sucked it up and just kept on working. The house was delightful, my kids weren't giving me too much drama for once and life was on a good course. Of course with my life that can never last for long.

Something was afoot at work and I knew it was coming. I had tried my best but it wasn't challenging enough. I was bored, learned the complicated clunky system, helped out with a backload of accounts, and still I had a bout an hours work to do and another 7 to stretch it out to. I had this feeling before and just knew it spelled disaster. I either had to be overwhelmed with work or not at all. My review was coming up and I was asked to take over my bosses role and I said, no way. I wasn't up to the challenge of complicated OE type purchasing and I knew it.

I was also not impressed with the blokey, sexist and openly racist atmosphere. I had heard of other women that had gone before me and I thought something was just not gelling. I voiced my concerns to my friend and she said no one lasted on the top floor amongst all the guys. I tied, I tried so hard but I knew I would never last. The atmosphere was so tense you could cut it with a knife and then one day I came in and my immeditae boss had been scaked. A man I had worked closely with who had beeen more than kind to me. I felt like I was going to explode. I couldn't stand it any longer, so I made an excuse and went to another job interview.

I resigned on the spot and rang SB and I couldn't lie and told him what I had done. I was pretty upset as you can imagine. But I was resolute, something was wrong, there were so many scakings and I didn't want to be next. he tried to talk me into coming back in and discussing it, but I was way too teary and that was that. I let the phone ring and ring the next day and I knew it would be my friend or my other immediate boss. I just waited it out and on the Monday picked up the phone. It was to my surprise SB and he said he had been down my street on the Friday.

I was a bit freaked out he knew where I lived but these things I suppose can be found out, How dumb am I? So I wasn't prepared for what happened the next day. He arrived on my door step.

Popular Posts