Sons Of Anarchy And Craig Lowndes

Without Prejudice



This movie clip, Son of Man, sung by Phil Collins, from the movie, Tarzan, encapsulates everything I want my grandsons and great grandsons to have to be one day. The joy of being a boy, the strength of a man, a gentle man, the sheer joy of being a male with muscles and skills, laughter and larrikin friends who you would die for. 

I want you to be soldiers and policemen and Tradies, to share in the joys and laughter and ridiculousness at times of life.

I want you to be in awe of nature, have a strong faith, a faith that makes you want to better, and a realisation that there are things out there that are far bigger than you and to trust in that. Believe in a Loving Father that will guide you every day. 

I know that five of my boys never had the male role model they needed but the oldest two stepped up to fill the gap. Not a lot of time to be just boys, swimming in a jungle. I want you to fly along the vines of life, swing through the air.

Rocket down tree trunks with bare feet, not scared. I admire the skating down the trees trunks that is taken from real life boy skateboarders, surfers, and computerised into Tarzans feet and body, boys who have mastered the skills of staying on their feet. No matter what. Sheer mastery. 

I want you too climb a waterfall, revel in nature and be in awe of it. I want you to see the world and everything in it. I want you to lead, help others in times of need. I want you to meet good women and know the difference between just a pretty face and a loyal, loving heart.

I want you to be loyal, steadfast, brave, my Scottish soldiers, running down hills in bare feet and kilts, my Maori warrior, doing the Haka, Dylan, just like your magnificent ancestors. 

I want you to be decent men, (men are born to lead and we women want them to.) We keep the home fires burning and tend to your wounds, feed you, comfort you, admire you when you are great and ignore you when you feel like being the naughty boy inside. That you will never lose!

I hope as your substitute male role models, your Mother and I have done a good job. Not knowing if we were doing the right thing or not. She did the teaching of the standing up to pee thing, I had no idea. She learned it by osmosis, pee straight, shake 3 times, any more is a tug, she warned. Your Mother, the rebel yell kid, the kick your ass feisty independent tough tomboy, meant to raise boys, Mother. 

Craig Lowndes, my nephew by marriage told me once he started his career in go karts, a larrikin boy that always liked to go fast. He has never changed his career. And does something he loves for a living, I hope you find that same passion, that love, you will never work another day in your life. 

I hope the V 8 's go on forever so one day you will drive one around a race track and feel that power, that adrenalin rush, that fear, that skill, that bravery, life and death combined together in lap after lap. Your oldest brother already has and he said he nearly "s**t himself. 

We will watch the clip together again this Christmas, just like we did the first time when you were 10, 5, 3, 2, and you will say 
" we love this song" 
And sing it, every one of you word for word and not even realise how you know all the words. 

Love
Nanny x

Popular Posts