Breakups

Withour Prejudice

Break ups. They are always depressing for a while and then you get over it.
It depends on where you are in your life and what you have to prop you up.
Certainly not your ego, you have to let that go first.

I told my friend today we are going out on the weekend and she said she's not ready. She's going though a break up, poor baby. We are never ready, we just have to go through the motions.

She is in the phase of what went wrong, why?. I should hate myself, I'm a bad person, all of the neurotic tendencies coming to the fore.

The time you were rejected by a boy, the first time, or didn't get picked for the team, every tiny failure in your life will come back to haunt you.

She's not long out of a long term partnership and the ex has moved on, ultra quickly and that hurts, even years later, that hurts. It's not the person so much as the hopes and dreams you had.

If they remarry it's a compliment to the the first wife, I think.

If I don't, it tells you something about them.

And there are some men that can just do that. They move on quickly and get themselves other families, and don't really examine themselves, waiting a while, being single and enjoying themselves.

I sure as hell did, when my marriage broke up, after about two years, I just went nuts and went out with all these different men, young mostly, for about 12 months and it was fun. and laid a lot of ghosts to rest about desirabilty and rejection .

I've met better and loved better now, and I realise I may always be single and that's OK. So I want to go out on the weekend and get shitfaced, so bad, my friend will have to pour me in a taxi.

She has done this before and had to stop the Taxi when I threatened to vomit, waiting until I arrived at her Mum and Dad's house.

After the kindly Mother gave me delicious Tuna Cassserole and I brought it up all over their pristine toilet and had to get my friend to lend me PJ's and stay the night.

Lucky she was being anal that night as I who usually am, was trusting of her to pick me up and tidy me up.


I am such a disgrace for an elderly Mother of 4.

No I'm not, I need to party is all. Get out, dress my new size 12 body, and be among people and music and talk, not write words, for a change.

I have other friends that just hide when they have had a breakup, one saying darkly,

"You get better at it. "

That the buckets of tears we boo hooed as young marrieds are no longer what we get when we are older.

But it's slim pickings between boys and old men, with their Montgomery Burns old legs and they think they are a "catch".

Men never get over being vain and still think they are Studley's.

I had one who was a top accountant at one of the jobs I worked at, and I always treated him with respect as I would with my Dad.

And one day he was being racist about Aborigines and I went mad at him, in the Office and he was furious and humphed into his white mustache at me the little upstart giving him a hard time and vowed not to speak to me again

And at The Christmas Party, he got drunk and told me he was in love with me and gave me his address and phone number, he was married. Trying to get me alone, the old deviate.

But he had asked me to dance and was holding me very tight and I thought he was just being friendly and would admit to me he was wrong and was sorry for being a racist. Ha, he just wanted to crush me against his chest, the old perv.

He was ancient and I just nodded and smiled and tore up the number.

He had singled me out and had the paper already prepared and I was gob smacked, stunned and still felt his clammy old hand on my shoulder, Ugh !

In fact what a lot of men think is if they get committed, they will be walking down a beach one day and ten playboy girls go past in bikinis and ask him to join them in the spa.

and there he is strolling down the beach, hand in hand with his WIFE

I had one really good looking guy tell me he would be dead without his girlfriend, he said, he simply would not be able to function. He would lie down in the middle of the road and not know what to do.

I thought that was gorgeous as he was the type that other girls literally flung themselves at. And my brother says women do the same to him as they thinks he's rich, which he is.

He said you have no idea how many women throw themselves at him and he's just an average bloke.

He likes being single, he works hard, has lots of hobbies and friends and family and likes to go home and lie in his jocks and watch Telly, that's it. he goes out and loves visitors but likes his space.

He's paid out 3 women and that's enough he said and in the end it always comes down to the money, or maybe the rejection.

Mens biggest fear: Rejection by a female !
Womens: Being hit !

he admits to his faults though and I like that, a considerate man.


So this weekend it's party time and my friend better not let me down, this time, she did a few weeks ago and I ended up going to the country on my own and I had a ball.

But she needed to see him one more time. Nothing ever ends cleanly, although psycholigists say, you are better off just slamming the door on it.

But we're only human and we have to see them again at least one more time or two. All the women I have known have snuck back, hubbies too, just as a reminder or not wanting to give up the habit, lots of reasons, but it never works.

So here's to breakups, sweet ones, I hope............ and here's to new futures,

As My dear old Mum always said.

"Never wait for a man or a bus, there's always another one coming along,"






Love Janette

Popular Posts