Arnica Angst And Anxiety

Without Prejudice

I have IPad wrist and it's my fault. Silly blonde that I am, I took the IPad off its stand and wrote for hours and the cramped position and weight on my left hand gave me what is called IPad wrist. So I tried Nurofen and I find they give me angst, anxiety a sore stomach and can give you thrush. Great !

So I gave them a big flick and tried the old fashioned method of Arnica cream and R.I.C.E, sounds like a delicious dish, but simply is Arnica, an old fashioned remedy for sprains, bruising and sore muscles. R.I.C.E. being Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. It's my left wrist, luckily, and I have compressed it with a stretchy bandage and could mean no more washing dishes for a while. yaay.

I think the powers that be are telling me to slow down and not be so impatient. A lifetime struggle as my brother tells me I cannot sit still and just BE. So I am trying Arnica, R.I.C.E and meditation. I have had 3 injuries in 3 weeks and feel like screaming in frustration but instead do as I am told. Another thing I am not good at.

I find I can type with a pecking at the screen like a slow demented hen, a Henny Penny, convinced that if I can't go a million miles an hour, my metaphorical sky will fall in. It's a lesson to be learned by me and although I can teach others with patience and grace I do not apply these rules to myself. Isn't that always the way ?

I hate feeling like a patient, hate feeling hobbled, hate being sick, hospitals, doctors the list goes on. I only go to a doctors if I am pushed. I have been known to argue with them, throw hissy fits, cry, gnash my teeth and whinge loudly. I have no idea why I do this, I am usually quite meek.

Anxiety set up in childhood makes me antsy and as a typical Virgo makes me dread illness. I am sure that the dentist in Port Augusta set up these fears as the method for dental treatment in those days was brutal. They came to your home and lay you out on the kitchen table, like a corpse. Then an ether filled cloth was placed over your face. I will never forget that sweet sickly smell or the feeling of being smothered.

Then waking up a mouth full of blood, clots formed that had to be hawked up, looking like blood red slippery jellyfish that could not be mashed down the plug hole, no matter how hard you tried. Gum boils were prevalent then, and bandaged jaws did not help. Pushing on it, squishing it till it ran pus and blood was far better. A pin or needle pushed into the white pus head didnt hurt, but the smell was pretty rank.

To be continued

Popular Posts