Skinny Girls Club ---- Fool Proof Recipes

Without Prejudice


My ex always said I could pull together a meal in minutes and with virtually nothing in the fridge or cupboard.

And hers how its done.

I try and always think ahead, if you are eating healthy it helps to be organised otherwise you will come home from work ready to eat your fingers off and stuff down something unhealthy just to satisfy that urgent hunger.

I try to have eggs, potatoes, pasta, cooked and in the freezer, bacon or ham, pickles, sweet peppers, and frozen veggies, onions, garlic and all the sauces, H.P. Worcestshire, Sweet Chilli.

One of the quickest and easiest recipes you can make is eggs Benedict, minimal fat style.

It takes minutes and looks sumptuous and filling as we eat with our eyes as well as our mouth.

Boil some hot water in the stove top and add a good splash of vinegar. I keep my eggs in the fridge in their box as its the best way to keep them fresh and safe. Warm them by popping them in a bowl of hot water to bring them to room temp.

Let the water almost bubble and crack eggs carefully into the saucepan, minding your fingers. Then I take bread out of freezer. and pop in toaster. I live on my own, so freeze all my bread. Rye us delicious and healthy or multigrain.

Turn eggs down so the are poaching not boiling up all over the stove top. And pop on a lid.

Prepare a plate and fork, knife, sauce, salt, pepper, no butter.

Make a quick cheese packet sauce, in a bowl, half a packet is fine.

As soon as toast is done, place onto plate, carefully spoon the eggs on toast, pour over cheese sauce add salt, pepper, sauce, I love a drop or two of H.P. sauce or Worcestershire just for that bite.

And you are done. Easy.

Makes a great brekky, brunch, lunch or dinner.

Another easy quick one is a low fat carbonara. I am loving streaky bacon at the moment, reminds me of England. So I fry up bacon in an unoiled pan, with a bit of diced onion. Bacon, makes a bit of fat, itself. Add some pasta from freezer. Some light and creamy Carnation milk,  and a nice bit of grated Parmesan. Delicious and low fat.


You can add mushrooms, sweet red peppers, spinach, I omit the egg yolks and cream and trust me you will not miss them.


My girlfriend Laure always has cooked brown rice in the fridge. It's nutty and has more flavour than white. Takes a little longer to cook than white, so cook double quantities and freeze or refrigerate. Then add Carnation, Light And Creamy milk and some Maple Syrup. Serve warm and it will fill you
up and tastes delicious and looks like a treat.


It and the other recipes will stop you gnawing your fingers off when you are stttaaaaarrrrvvvviiing. And being mainly low G.I. will satisfy for longer.

If you are craving a sweet, you can't beat apples and custard. I keep low fat vanilla custard in the fridge or freezer. I can make myself real quick and easy too, but feel lazy at times so the bought stuff is only $2 on special, so I stock up. Peel and core apples, Granny Smith are the best, add some maple syrup for sweetness or Manuka honey and a little bit of water. Heat and mash on stove top or microwave the bowl but be careful it will get hot quickly from the syrup or honey.

To make your own quick custard, I take a tablespoon of Custard Powder, a tablespoon of sugar, or sweetener for the skinny option, pop in a pan with a little low fat milk, stir into a paste with a whisk or wooden spoon. Put on the heat, allow a minute at most, add more milk, more whisking, you want the consistency of runny honey. If it gets lumpy, just keep whisking.

Delicious served over your warmed apple and you will not miss the fat filled crumble on top.

Enjoy,

more quick fast healthy recipes to come.


Love Janette

Popular Posts