Oasis Active, Reactive, The Pump And Dump

Without Prejudice

In a Gonzo journalist type of experiment, I joined Oasis Active to see how things worked out for men and women on the site. Sad to say it was not a happy experiment. It's a free site and I am sure many people have had success, and the positives are that it is easy to use, easy to get lots of attention and easy to block people that you don't want to contact you.

I am a baby boomer brought up with the idea that chemistry comes first, then the friendship, and attraction grows. You might know some of the persons background, friends, co workers, you can look into the eyes of a person, see their body language. That's the way the laws of attraction work for me and always has, how can you do all that on a computer.?

Unfortunately it's open to abuse. We all put our best face forward when we want to attract love in to our lives. So great photos may not reveal the reality a face to face meeting would. A great profile will not reveal the real person that lies beneath. In fact the worst people may have the best profiles and the shy and disaffected may have the worst.

It's easy to hide behind a bunch of pretty words or stunning picture.

For some insane reason I found a lot of men were happy to put up any old picture, that shows a sort of " Take me as I am " attitude. Bad, lazy ? Or just not that self aware ?

Also if Internet dating was that successful why are there so many members ? And I know for a fact they run on minimal admin costs and make billions of dollars of profits. Billions.

The down side is that for a lot of men I questioned, that they seem to get a lot of "Skanks", and a lot of overseas contacts and become cynical and depressed about the whole process.

For women they complain that the men want just sex. Interstate contacts want free phone sex, overseas contacts are usually scammers.

Interestingly one very honest man said it is a "Pump and Dump" thing as women these days make it so easy to do just that. That's shocking. Do women think that is all that they deserve when they are really looking for love, admiration, friendship, the women make it easy. Maybe they have read 50 Shades Of Grey and are looking for that sort of seduction, excitement ? I don't know I have never read it.

Someone said in the beginning it was badly written and that turned me off. It's fantasy and makes its writer very very rich, but it's fantasy. No one man is a Charles Grey. And I don't like even the slightest hint of violence against women. I'd be tempted to attack any one coming near me with a whip with a big lump of two by four first.

If you are going to get pumped and dumped at least let it be on your terms. See it as a fun, sexual, sexy experience, a one night stand, a zip less fuck, but not a rich, loving warm experience. It is sex. Pure and simple.

The men I asked said there were not just hundreds of married women in Oasis, there were thousands. Hundreds of thousands. Married women, what ever happened to loyalty ?

I found the whole experience fairly grubby, like you needed a good wash after tapping in. Especially when I read the " Pump and Dump " comment. Ugh.

I did meet two really nice men, tried hard to be non committal, they were great. But it's just not the way I believe the laws if attraction work. Simple as that. You may see it differently and that's also fine. We are all time poor but if you were going to buy a house for example, you would take time to choose. If you are looking for a life partner, you should do the same.



Love Janette




Popular Posts