It Started With A Sore Back

Without Prejudice



It stated with a sore back. I've never had a sore back in my life, even during 4 pregnancies. I moved some logs making garden beds out the front. I know I should get "the boys" to do it, but by the time they discuss, argue and come up with normal avoidance tactics I am already exhausted, so I do it myself. So bad sore back which of course I ignored and just took Brufen, muscle relaxants.

I never took enough to make a big difference but managed to get thrush from them. Itchy and cotton mouthed I then developed a snotty nose. Mucous exploded out of my nose along with a hacking, nagging cough and everytime I coughed my back hurt. It was cough cough, ow ow ow and Still I ignored it as I had too much to do. Then I contracted Bronchitis. Finally going to the Doctors and getting antibiotics, more thrush, yaay.

I figured I would get better all by myself until Yvette handed me an asthma puffer when she heard me coughing. Nights spent waking up, choking, drowning in my own mucous, spitting big lumps of gunk up and not being able to sleep. Then the cold sores came, under my nose and across my lip. Ye Gods, was it never going to end. Bought Canesten for the thrush, lozenges for my mouth that I only had one of, cherry flavoured, really bad taste.

So I rested my back, stayed off my feet as much as possible and last week developed fat feet and legs. Within the hour they hurt and throbbed. Back to the Doctors and she said,


"god, your feet are fat",

no shit Sherlock,

 I coughed and she listened to my chest and put me on Penicillin immediately. The legs and feet I had to rest. In the end I had bought, cold sore strips, nasal strips, drops, Phenergan, antibiotics, lozenges, Canesten, Penicillin. I rattled when I walked. Then the whole family got gastro, with vomiting and diaorrhea. And of course we all went down like nine pins. I have spent more than the national debt on tissues and loo paper.

I'm back on the mend, and the back has finally stopped hurting. It's been six weeks from start to finish and in the mean time I haven't been able to stop working as its nearly Christmas and my perfectionism has to have everything done by Christmas Day.Oh and in the middle of it I had suicidal thoughts, rang an ambulance, went to Hospital and ended up with physio appointments and a Therist for the depression.

The boys helped out by starting the mower for me so I could mow the grass. Caring little darlings that they are. They had the cheek to watch and as I had lost my voice I couldn't yell at them. Oh. Yeah I forgot that I lost my voice for a week. But that was probably a good thing. My lovely Sister offered me a trip to Tassie or the U.K. I just laughed as I am terrified of flying and both places are colder than here.

The Therapist said I have to start looking after myself. Also, no shit Sherlock, but I am trying to follow orders, something I have never been good at.


Next time, I get a sore back I am going to bed and staying there for the duration.


Love janette



Popular Posts