Warranting Male Attention

Without Prejudice



I haven't earned this much male attention since I was a girl. The boys used to follow me home then and I would tell them to rack off. It happened to me first in Grade one where Douglas Payne tried to entice me with licorice Choo Choo bars. I told him he gave me a headache and I was 5. Then came Hugh, the albino, the boys that once I grew breasts worshipped me lavishly. I thought they were all idiots. One at Grammar school used to bring me stockings, flowers and chocolates from his Dads market stall at Wakefield Market. Knocked off, no doubt.

I grew up with brothers and they give no quarter to sisters. And boys, ugh!
I was neither charmed or successfully wooed by any of them. I just thought boys were revolting. Dirty, smelly, always with dirty hands and wanting to show you a frog or some other slimy creature. The boys at Grammar School were short, dweeby and not even funny. I was not impressed that they tried to twang your back bra strap or get you in the change rooms and force a hand up your skirt.

So I find that male attention has returned after years of being invisible just by the fact I have lost a lot of weight. I think if you lose about twenty kilos at least you once again become visible to the males of this world. Especially when you are beyond caring. I go out shopping and look neither right nor left. I am not interested in the least in males.

I have male friends and the afore said brothers, who still like to "wind me up". I have Wayne, a dear friend in Sydney, always crude, without fail. Clint, a darling of 35, who visits for hours and selfishly I don't want him to. It's too much work. I am chased on Facebook to be "friends " with men and I won't. God I am this age and now a size 10 with fairly big boobs and I am suddenly attractive, "sexy" even. It's ridiculous at my age.

I like being a Mum best of everything in my life, then Grandma and now great grand mother. It's my joy, my fulfilment and writing my muse, my passion. I don't have the time or the inclination to allow another man to take up time in my life. He would mooch around and expect me to wash his black socks and cook his dinner and I don't want to.

Don't get me wrong,  I love being able to dress in anything I like, now. And if it's sexy that's for my own pleasure, not anyone else's. If I need a companion to take me out, I have them. But that's it. Even one of my oldest male friends tried to make a drunken pass at me. I just pushed him away telling him not to be stupid.

My question is this, where were all these men when I was fat. Nowhere, that's where. I am the same person, are they that shallow ? You bet, most of them are. I just laugh as if they didn't want me then, why should I want them now?

Oh, there was two, sorry that liked me fat but I dudn't like me then, I was of the ilk that if I had been asked to join a club that wanted me, there was something wrong with the club.


I can dress up and look O.K. But I have always been a realist about my looks. I was an ugly plain little girl and to me that hasn't changed. So when someone calls me sexy, I just ignore them as they are obviously looking for something.


Love Janette



Popular Posts