Gossiping With The Girls

Without Prejudice

loads everyday gets started and I leave Yvette to the kitchen and family room and I run, literally run between my unit in the back garden and the Big house.










Yvette does all the child running around, so she dresses Crauz and Acer, aged 1 and 3 and settles them in the backyard with plenty of cars and garages. The play and we turn our attention to every room in the house. Jai, who is 14 is a little pig and I make beds and trail out 3 bins of rubbish from his romm. The large pile of the older boys clothes need to be hung, but I don't have time. So I stack as best as I can and hope with fingers crossed he will see fit to hang them at some later date. Probably 2015.









The middle room is the worst as we have used it as a dumping ground for all the baby stuff that is still in great condition but we are done with it and have no where to store it. I stack and shove it elsewhere and determine to have a Garge Sale at some stage. We are also "Winterising" the house and garden. Blinds come down and heavy drapes go up. Menawhile the phone is going, the boys are beating on the door to get in and we take out morning tea to them.









We eat on the run, small bars of chocolate for the energy and fruit. I try and make Yvette sit as much as possible as she hit critical body weight a few weeks ago and needs to gain weight. She is a picky eater at best, former anorexic and weighs about 6 stone, if she's had a large meal and is soaking wet through. I leave her to her kitchen and family room area and tidy hers and the little boys rooms.









We chat and laugh and c









The boys are in, one with a sore bum as he is teething and we rush his nappies staright to the bin outside, double wrapped. Saddam Hussein could have used them in a chemical warfare. I pat the slothy husky whose Kennel has been made ready for winter. Cleaned, restored, waterproofed and new blankets put in and she even has a curtain of shadecloth made and fitted. Its been full on over the last few weeeks.









The garden has to be maintained by me and I love the fact that if I don't block the boys from certain areas they will seek and destroy. They love to undo anything that we have just done. They are like chattering, moving little terrorists of destruction but they have such fun we can't be telling them off. We laugh mainly as they are learning new things every day. For the amount of work we do every day we might as well open a creche and get paid for it.









I usually write early mornings but there is no hope for that today. I have so much to do and not enough time. Once i have helped Yvette in the mornings, I usually do my own work in my unit. I have no idea how one person mamges to creat so much work but it's probably beacuse I am anal. Yvette is way more laid back and patient and I am learning to be more like her rather than so driven. I decide to treat myself instead of doing more work.









The sun is becoming and tomorrow starts a return to cold weather so I decide to go and visit a friend I used to work with. She has just had her first grandchild and has sent me some photos that I can't get on my old dinosaur of a phone. I quickly shower and change. Acer is dressed in a Chef's apron and I decide to give him an outing and Yvette a break. I realise I haven't eaten much but am never very hungry these days. I grab some of the Easter Eggs we have after a visit to the Cadbury's factory and head off.









Acer is delighted as he hasn't been out with me on his own and he sings all the way and points out every truck, bus and car on the way there. He has gone a little backwards lately, just typical of a 3 year old who is a little jealous of the younger Cruz. He has decided he is cared of the toilet and wants a nappy on and a dummy in his mouth. We settle on the dummy and no nappy. He's fine but if need to poo will hang on for hours and then beg for a nappy and soil it.









I know he will grow out of it. I have had 4 girls of my own, 15 grandkids, 3 foster kids, all ages. I had one of the grand kids take a hysterical dislike to the bath plug. Another one who hated helmets, biker helmets. Acer is right on the age of night terrors and wanting everything his way and will throw tantrums to get it. Most of which we ignore. Yvette is quite happy to baby him at the moment as he has been through a trying 12 months, losing Dad a big blow.









I take the East link to get to Clayton and Acer loves it. He points all the sights with his mouth dummy plugged and I tell him to take it out. But he won't and we are soon there. I am delighted for my friend and she is delighted at my weight loss and at Acer. Acer of course turns into shy quiet Acer and behaves with good manners. I am gob smacked but run with it. He is fascinated when the receptionist gives him water in a tiny pleated paper cup.









I finally get to see my friends photos of the new bubs and she is gorgeous. My friend is just glowing, glad Mum and baby are well, being 4 weeks prem. Kyan was 5 weeks prem and we discuss tiny clothes, 5 zeros and we once dressed Kyan in a teddy bear dressing gown and it was still too big. Easter eggs are handed out by Acer, solemnnly and a little hesitation. He has two small ones and I take my leave before the sugar rush kicks in.









Home devil and outings angel. Thats what Acer was today. He's been so good I take him to Maccas and he entertains me as we eat. A man looks at me as I walk in and another and I look down at what I am wearing. A very short plain black tank dress and heels. Its hot and I think it may be the last time I can be wearing beach clothes. Its flattering to get the attention as I haven't had any in a bout a thousand years.









I know it's because of the weight loss. I've crossed the divide from obese to healthy weight and suddenly I am getting noticed. losing 24 kilos on 6 months. I've gone from fat gran to babe in 6 months. I'm facing a milestone birthday this year and I could not be happier. Losing the weight a seemingly impossible task 2 years ago. But its gone, just gone and I still can't believe it. I look in the mirror and see a person I haven't been since 16. Before I was married or had kids. I don't recognise myself. A stranger looks back at me, alean, brown, fit 60 kilo me.









I know the traffic will be bad on the way home, its 4.30, rush hour on the South Gippsland highway. I hesitate and wonder if I should go see old friend Ivan just around the corner. He's my oldest male friend, my brother George's friend at 19. I decide not to. Mainly as Clint, Ivan's nephew will most likely be there. I like Clint, he's 34 and an innocent but we went out for a short time. He rang me last week and I told him no. He is great company and loves visiting and playing music but there's no















I race back along the Eastlink, and get home, drop Acer off and get back in the car to post Ebay and shop. Deb. my oldest daughter coming over tonight. its hard for her she works full time and has two girls. One in dancing comps and rehearsals on Saturdays. I make tea some how, Gado Gado tonight. I check the house one last time and the yard and pick up all the cars.









Then its debbie arriving with the two girls and the big and little boys are all excited. We do all our business stuff and catch up on gossip. These days all the girls get along great. Past issues forgotten. We determine to be there for Georgia, the dancing Queen, at Wellington Village on Saturday. We are all so proud of her. Asheigh has just had a spray tan in a deep mahogany and I keep calling her Indian names as she looks like an Indian Princess. But we love the colour and Deb and I determine we are having one before we go out soon.















We've planned for so many outings in the next month our heads are spinning. Alena's birthday 8th May. Daveys in Frankston as apparently its a scream, fairly down market but we just want to dance and get drunk, let our hair down for once.









we are having an 80's night at Deb's, over to Moonee Ponds one night for catch up with a childhood friend Of all of us, Samantha, a maybe baby shower, as it's 4 weeks to Yvette's oldest son and girlfriend to make her a grandma, she wants to be called Goddess like Priscilla Presley, by her grandkids. I tell her it sounds pretentious and she just laughs. Then we have to save and plan for September as we are going away for my Birthday, as a Family for 3 days, to Rosebud.









Deb and Yvette and I get all the business stuff out of the way and then just gossip and gossip









Love it Janette

Popular Posts